Why does the Universe exist?

cicerone imposter

Thu 6 Apr, 2017 05:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I agree. Something from nothing is saying "our reality isn't what it seems to be." It's all an illusion; even our family and friends, our home, our jobs, and where we live. Your participation on able2know is all an illusion too!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Thu 6 Apr, 2017 05:34 pm
@Krumple,
...by the way, I know your Buddhist thing will make you gonna love this, the big structure you pointed to, it resembles an awful lot like a neuronal network...
...well, for me is just a patterned fractal, but for you it might mean something else.
Krumple

Thu 6 Apr, 2017 10:25 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

...by the way, I know your Buddhist thing will make you gonna love this, the big structure you pointed to, it resembles an awful lot like a neuronal network...
...well, for me is just a patterned fractal, but for you it might mean something else.

Maybe the universe is just a piece of Indra's brain? Maybe.

There are some similarities in shape but maybe there is a simple natural reason they look similar but are unrelated?

Its possible that a lot of things in this reality are precursors of some larger, more realistic reality than this one.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 06:00 am
And they say the idea of 'God' is evidence free!
Fil Albuquerque

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 06:10 am
@Leadfoot,
It is.
0 Replies

Krumple

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 07:55 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

And they say the idea of 'God' is evidence free!

I agree with Fil, it is.
Fil Albuquerque

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 08:03 am
@Krumple,
For instance my shot at "God" can be resumed to Unity. The vaguest of the vague, most simple definitions. It is an idea, a form of looking at a potential meaning in a more abstract approach. Do I have evidence? No!
Krumple

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 08:31 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

For instance my shot at "God" can be resumed to Unity. The vaguest of the vague, most simple definitions. It is an idea, a form of looking at a potential meaning in a more abstract approach. Do I have evidence? No!

I agree. Any possible theory could be valid as any other no matter how strange or unwanted.

A god could exist that had nothing to do with the formation of the universe and is completely indifferent to it.

A god could exist that is objectionable and wants lower beings to suffer in existence for its amusement.

These are just as valid as suggesting a god created the universe with our best interest in mind.

Because all of these theories have equal evidence which is none.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:51 am
@Krumple,
True. We humans do not have any evidence we can objectively provide of any creator. All man made god's are human creations. It's going to remain that way for eternity.
It's okay for humans to have those beliefs, because it's a normal human trait.
Krumple

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

True. We humans do not have any evidence we can objectively provide of any creator. All man made god's are human creations. It's going to remain that way for eternity.
It's okay for humans to have those beliefs, because it's a normal human trait.

Not in all cases is it okay. Some muslims justify murder based on their belief that God wants them to carry them out. And that is not okay.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:10 pm
@Krumple,
That is biased opinion. Christian history is full of genocide.
Krumple

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 05:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That is biased opinion. Christian history is full of genocide.

Sure, I agree it is but Christians have progressed. Are you saying since one religion did it, its fair just because historically they were also murdering people because their theology told them it was okay?

I don't see how your point makes any sense. Its like saying a kid in the past threw rocks so it's okay for me to throw rocks.

It was wrong when Christians murdered people in the past and it's just as wrong for Muslims to be murdering people today.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 05:52 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
It was wrong when Christians murdered people in the past and it's just as wrong for Muslims to be murdering people today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/23/us-led-coalition-killing-civilians-russia/

http://www.newsweek.com/syria-attack-children-civilian-killed-580555

You're not seeing the big picture. Trump just authorized sending missiles to Syria that killed civilians. We are not the police of the world. There are killings going on in many countries today.

Krumple

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 06:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/23/us-led-coalition-killing-civilians-russia/

http://www.newsweek.com/syria-attack-children-civilian-killed-580555

You're not seeing the big picture. Trump just authorized sending missiles to Syria that killed civilians. We are not the police of the world. There are killings going on in many countries today.

I don't agree with Trump doing that. Its wrong. I'm not the one giving the order or pushing the button. Trump is just as wrong.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 06:06 pm
@Krumple,
I agree. I question Trump's motives for those strikes.
Krumple

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 06:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I agree. I question Trump's motives for those strikes.

I bet even if half the country protested he would just ignore the protesters. He doesn't seem concerned. Its business as usual in Washington. I would not be shocked if we get some retaliation for this. More innocent people will die when it's the political leaders making the problems.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 06:21 pm
@Krumple,
Trump listens to his own voice. Some or many in the mental health field claim Trump is mentally unfit to be president. They also said they usually don't diagnose a patient through the media, but he's been made a special case, because he's a danger, and people need to be forewarned.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/psychiatrists-debate-weighing-in-on-trumps-mental-health/
Krumple

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 06:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Trump listens to his own voice. Some or many in the mental health field claim Trump is mentally unbalanced. They also said they usually don't diagnose a patient through the media, but he's been made a special case, because he's a danger, and people need to be forewarned.

Maybe, but he is also 70 years old, hes reading from a different rule book. But I also don't think it's just him. My bet is he had a sit down with the real people who call the shots in Washington and told him what he is going to do or the consequences won't be favorable for him.

He is terrible at giving speeches and people have pointed out that he seems to be blind sided by what he is suppose to be delivering to the public. Even the executive orders seemed to catch him off guard.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 06:49 pm
@Krumple,
He is terrible at giving speeches because of his limited vocabulary.
Krumple

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 08:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

He is terrible at giving speeches because of his limited vocabulary.

Oh, I thought it was his ego getting in the way of his ability to speak.