please modify the following notice

ziawj2

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 04:36 am
Please help me modify the following notice to make it more natural, fluent, acceptable to native speakers.

English Evening
Christmas is coming. To celebrate it, an English evening will be held in our school's conference hall on Christmas Eve . The evening will begin at 7:00 p.m. and end at 10:00 p.m.. Each group must prepare two or three programs. The content and the form of programs are not restricted such as singing English songs, acting English plays, telling English jokes or stories and reading English poems. We wish everybody to participate in our party on time. Thank you!
Student Union
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 985 • Replies: 2
No top replies

McTag

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:47 am
@ziawj2,

Quote:
English Evening
Christmas is coming. To celebrate it, an English evening will be held in our school's conference hall on Christmas Eve . The evening will begin at 7:00 p.m. and end at 10:00 p.m.. Each group must prepare two or three programs. The content and the form of programs are not restricted such as singing English songs, acting English plays, telling English jokes or stories and reading English poems. We wish everybody to participate in our party on time. Thank you!
Student Union

There are many ways to do this, obviously. Here's my suggestion:

Christmas is coming!

In celebration, an English evening will be held in the school's conference hall on Christmas Eve, from 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m..
Each group is invited to prepare two or three items. For example, the items could be English songs, plays, telling English jokes or stories and reading English poems.

We hope you will participate, and be punctual!

Thank you
Student Union
ziawj2

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 08:43 pm
@McTag,
Thank you!
0 Replies