Do you think Zimmerman will be convicted of murder?

oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:14 pm
@RST,
RST wrote:
I ask BillRM and dozens of others like him: Who's made you the judge, jury and executioner?

You are confused. Self defense isn't about being judge, jury, or executioner.

RST wrote:
The clowns who are vigilante are just acting stupidly, committing actions that backfires and comes back biting in their ass.

Self defense does not make someone a vigilante.

And it is not a crime.

RST wrote:
If Zmmerman did what the police told him to do: "you don't have to do that," (Don't follow him) Trevor would be alive, and this conversation wasting everyone's time wouldn't have occurred in the first place.

You have some sort of evidence that Zimmerman didn't stop following Trayvon???
oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:19 pm
@RST,
RST wrote:
Zimmerman, I've come to believe, is the instigator, whose power trip originating from the hot air of superiority in having a concealed gun near hand, leading to this tragedy.

Any evidence to back that belief up?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:20 pm
@RST,
If the young lady had pull a knife or a gun out after issuing the death threats she would had very likely die right there and if the yelling fool had attacked me and have me on the ground and was trying to pound my brains out as Trayvan had Zimmerman I would had used whatever force I fell was needed to prevent great harm or death to myself.

On the flipped side if I had attacked the yelling fool and I had been pounding the yelling fool head into the sidewalk the yelling fool would still had have the right of self defense

Trayvon put himself in the position of having Zimmerman needing to decide how must of a threat he was posing to his life as his head was being pounded into the sidewalk.
oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:22 pm
@RST,
RST wrote:
As if you were there observing the entire situation to say who was the first aggressor.

You're the one here making statements about who was supposedly the first aggressor.

RST wrote:
If Zimmerman had left this boy alone, Martin would not have to defend him self by punching this killer who used excessive force to defend himself from someone he chose to pursue. Coward much?!?

Hardly excessive force.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:22 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Let's see some evidence that Zimmerman ever confronted Trayvon.

I gave him that as it does not matter as far as granting Trayvon the right to attacked Zimmerman.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:24 pm
@RST,
RST wrote:
get back at her by shooting her back for what she did.

Self defense has nothing to do with "getting back at" someone.
BillRM

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:27 pm
@oralloy,
First an 911 operator is not the police and they have zero police powers next all the 911 operator stated you do not need to do that.

Hardly a command to say the least.

In any case, it does not matter as even taking the worst possible view of Zimmerman actions that night it still did not grant Trayvon the rights to had attacked him or take the way the rights of Zimmerman to defend his life.
oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:39 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
First an 911 operator is not the police and they have zero police powers next all the 911 operator stated you do not need to do that.

Hardly a command to say the least.

True, but I keep getting back to that blogger map Parados posted, that was intended to be anti-Zimmerman, but which showed that "the spot Zimmerman was at when advised they didn't need him to pursue" and "the spot where the shooting occurred three minutes later" was pretty much the very same spot.
BillRM

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 11:47 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
RST wrote:
get back at her by shooting her back for what she did.

Self defense has nothing to do with "getting back at" someone

I remember just standing there not saying a word letting her vent and watching her hands to see if this crazy acting woman would pull out a weapon or not.

I went into what I call my computer mode shutting down all emotions a skill I had learn in dealing with life and death situations when sky diving or flying.

Afterward I was relieve that the whole thing ended with us both being alive and wondering how long the lady is going to get to live if she keep acting that way to strangers who might both be arm and also emotionally unstable.

The woman never had a cue that I had my hand on a gun in my pocket during her whole crazy behaviors over a bump by a shopping cart that did no damage of any kind to the car she was driving.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 12:35 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
True, but I keep getting back to that blogger map Parados posted, that was intended to be anti-Zimmerman, but which showed that "the spot Zimmerman was at when advised they didn't need him to pursue" and "the spot where the shooting occurred three minutes later" was pretty much the very same spot.

i dont know that this is fact, but the story that Martin doubled back and confronted Zimmerman is not new. i myself have long concluded that Martin had anger issues and likely had a chip on his shoulder that night, and this is consistent with that.
0 Replies

RST

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 12:38 am
Addressing to you two gun hugging loonies:

The ridiculous and the most baffling part of this Zimmerman Trayvon case is that you two wrongly focus on is the injuries sustained by Zimmerman in relation to whether or not Trayvon Martin showed any agression towards him, as some sort of a gauge meter.
Zimmerman could have endured considerable injuries and that in no way would make him less guilty! Posolutely, if an individual contending for his life and in that failing fight, causes injuries to the agressor, it would make perfect sense and not lessen the scope of the crime in any way. It's reasonable that Zimmerman has injuries! Did they expect Trayvon to just lie down and take what Zimmerman was handing out? For many, the answer is a resounding yes. Just like when Zimmerman's friend went on CNN and said that the whole thing could have been avoided if when Zimmerman approached Trayvon, he would have just listened to his commands and answered Zimmerman.. It's that sick and twisted sense of authority in how this young man should have submitted himself to that fake authority mentality that causes people to say, "well if Zimmerman has injuries, than Trayvon must have fought him" which is naturally wrong because out of the two, Zimmerman is the standard of measure for injury and authority. If we're guaging injuries as a measure of aggression, then certainly the injury of death would be greater. You can't start a fight, lose and then "stand your gound", kill to win the fight you started and become a victim.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 01:12 am
@RST,
Quote:
Did they expect Trayvon to just lie down and take what Zimmerman was handing out?

i am not aware of any allegation that zimmerman handed out anything, so far as I know only zimmerman showed signs of having been physically abused, and only martin's body showed signs of being an abuser.
oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 02:16 am
@RST,
RST wrote:
Addressing to you two gun hugging loonies:

Caring about the Second Amendment does not make one a loony.

RST wrote:
It's reasonable that Zimmerman has injuries! Did they expect Trayvon to just lie down and take what Zimmerman was handing out?

Any evidence that Zimmerman was "handing out" anything??

RST wrote:
You can't start a fight, lose and then "stand your gound", kill to win the fight you started and become a victim.

Any evidence that Zimmerman started the fight??
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 07:17 am
@RST,
Quote:
The pattern I see is that, the people drunk with power are people who identify with ZImmerman. ...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiUy-3RjWaU2rHSUtnbi4wm8-wD97honf7kRJcAsnIOdZlDovUIA
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 07:57 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
so far as I know only zimmerman showed signs of having been physically abused

Did you miss the part about Trayvon Martin having a bullet hole in his body?
Quote:
only martin's body showed signs of being an abuser...

There were no such signs on Martin's body. In fact, Zimmerman's blood was not found on Martin's hands, even though Zimmerman claims that Martin held his hand over his mouth, which should have resulted in some transfer of blood from Zimmerman's lip and nose to Martin's hand.
firefly

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 08:08 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Trayvon put himself in the position of having Zimmerman needing to decide how must of a threat he was posing to his life as his head was being pounded into the sidewalk.

That's not the reason Zimmerman gave for shooting Martin--that's your version. He didn't claim he shot Martin because his head was being pounded into the sidewalk. He said he did it because Martin was reaching for his gun.

But Zimmerman has given so many conflicting accounts of events, it's one reason this case belongs in court for adjudication. And, given the fact Zimmerman lied at his bail hearing, we know he is given to falsifying information. His credibility is definitely suspect.
RST

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 08:09 am
@hawkeye10,
Well how can you be aware of what Zimmerman handed out that day before the first blow was thrown out, if you were never there?
Was something said? Was a threat made? Did Trayvon have any reason to feel like he had to defend himself in any way? These are all legitimate questions but the only person who knows the answers are George himself.

Look at Zimmerman's history:
>Assaulted his ex girlfriend in the past.
>Molested his cousin
The guy is just sick in the head with power/ control issues.

I guess Florida is the place to go to to for loonies to get away with murder. Zimmerman and Anthony sitting in a tree ....
BillRM

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 08:10 am
@firefly,
Yes I am sure Firefly you would not consider your life at risk if some young man was on top of you pounding your head into the sidewalk.

Hard to get around the fact that Zimmerman was being beaten and it was a completely one sided beating by the poor sweet kid of Zimmerman.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1212576.1354571421!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/article-trayvon-4-1203.jpg
BillRM

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 08:19 am
@firefly,
Quote:
But Zimmerman has given so many conflicting accounts of events

Could be the result of having his brain being pounded by his attacker and assuming I was still thinking in a rational manner while being so pounded one of my concerns would be that this little sweet kid would either pull out a weapon of his own or seized mine when I was weighing whether to use lethal force to end the attack or not.

Trayvon was the only one who placed his life into the hands of Zimmerman judgment when he decided to beat the man.

No one force the poor kid to attacked Zimmerman even if you and others had been trying to sell the idea if someone annoy you on a public street that give you free license to attack that person.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 08:23 am
@RST,
Quote:
I guess Florida is the place to go to to for loonies to get away with murder. Zimmerman and Anthony sitting in a tree ....

An you wish to grant a 007 James bond license to any teenager who might feel disrespected on the streets of Florida to killed or maimed and take away the rights of the victims of such an attack to defense him or her self.