Do you think Zimmerman will be convicted of murder?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 03:29 am
@oralloy,
You get stupider by the hour. Israel is brutally occupying Palestine, and Israel is like apartheid South Africa.

That's not anti-Semitic, it's a fact. If that's the best you can do you really are a pathetic moron with too much time on his hands. Your definition of anti-Semitism is anyone who doesn't want to exterminate the Palestinians.

You really are a Nazi, and profoundly stupid. There never is any point talking to you.
oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 03:57 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You get stupider by the hour.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity.

izzythepush wrote:
Israel is brutally occupying Palestine

Nope. They are merely defending themselves from the Palestinians, who refuse to make peace.

izzythepush wrote:
and Israel is like apartheid South Africa.

Your anti-Semitic blood libel is despicable. On behalf of all humanity I urge you to jump into a running wood chipper.

izzythepush wrote:
That's not anti-Semitic, it's a fact.

No, there is nothing factual about your anti-Semitic blood libel.

izzythepush wrote:
If that's the best you can do you really are a pathetic moron with too much time on his hands.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity.

izzythepush wrote:
Your definition of anti-Semitism is anyone who doesn't want to exterminate the Palestinians.

Not even close. It relates to the horrific lies and false accusations that someone spews about either Israel or Jews (in your case, about Israel).

izzythepush wrote:
You really are a Nazi

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own Nazism.

izzythepush wrote:
and profoundly stupid.

izzythepush wrote:
There never is any point talking to you.

Well, at least not in your case.

Anyone who isn't a hatemonger freak might get better results (if they aren't too stupid that is).
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 04:03 am
@oralloy,
I said there's no point talking to you, you're just too stupid. And you're the foulest racist on A2K. I won't be responding to a chimp like you any more.
oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 04:13 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I said there's no point talking to you, you're just too stupid. And you're the foulest racist on A2K. I won't be responding to a chimp like you any more.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity and racism.
BillRM

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 06:14 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity and racism

Izzy never had anything useful to say in any discussion threads and in my opinion that more then justify just keeping him on ignore
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 06:37 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
There never is any point talking to you.

One does not simply talk to a cuckoo clock.
oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 02:56 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
One does not simply talk to a cuckoo clock.

You engage in namecalling because you are too stupid to come up with an intelligent argument.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 02:58 pm
@oralloy,
I wasn't aware that cuckoo clocks can copy and paste until now!
oralloy

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 03:42 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
I wasn't aware that cuckoo clocks can copy and paste until now!

You engage in name-calling because you are too stupid to come up with an intelligent argument.
0 Replies

markel40

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 10:19 am
@Krumple,

Yes Zimmerman is in the wrong. It is like we are back in the 60's where a white person can just kill a black boy and no one thinks that something is wrong. Why did Travyon look out of place, because he was black. Zimmerman is a grown man and Travyon was a child, he could have been bigger then a normal child his age but there is a difference between men strength and a child strength. If he could not hold his own grown then maybe he should not approach people. If I am walking down the street at night and some one comes up to me I will feel that I would have to defend myself. How do we not know that Travyon was not defending his self. We will never be able to ask him because he is not here to tell his story. Why couldn't he just shoot him in the leg or just wound him, no it was in his mind to kill a black person. And the police should be held accountable for their part in not taking the case seriously. You have Zimmerman, police who are adults, and than you have Travyon a child, who was the only one who was right. I do believe if Travyon was white than we would have a different outcome. We have to take a stand, when adults think that it is okay to kill child in cold blood then we need to let America know that we are not going to take it anymore. How can I approach someone then say that I was defending myself? Why was he outside of his car? Zimmerman was on a power trip which cost Travyon his life and some people thing that is right. Some times I am ashamed to be an American because Zimmerman's lawyer knows that he was in the wrong and he just wants him to get off to help his career. But I believe in God and he will have the last say in all of those who have wronged Travyon.
markel40

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 10:21 am
@BillRM,
He was on the phone and if some one is attacking you how can you call?
0 Replies

markel40

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 10:21 am
@BillRM,

He was on the phone and if some one is attacking you how can you call?
0 Replies

markel40

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 10:27 am
@firefly,
Are you forgetting that he was a child and they do not think like adults. I am a 40 year old woman and some one comes up to me at night aggressively I would think that I would have to defend myself. Why did he get out of his car? What was he going to do? Detain him until the cops show up? You have to understand that Travyon was thinking like a child and Zimmerman being grown should have known better. And if you thing like that I afraid of you.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 10:36 am
@markel40,
markel40 wrote:
Are you forgetting that he was a child and they do not think like adults. I am a 40 year old woman and some one comes up to me at night aggressively I would think that I would have to defend myself. Why did he get out of his car? What was he going to do? Detain him until the cops show up? You have to understand that Travyon was thinking like a child and Zimmerman being grown should have known better. And if you thing like that I afraid of you.
Zimmy had & has the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to defend himself from violence,
regardless of what the perp was THINKing.

David
DrewDad

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 10:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Regardless of your personal views, from a legal standpoint that statement is incorrect.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 10:51 am
@DrewDad,

OmSigDAVID wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
Regardless of your personal views,
from a legal standpoint that statement is incorrect.
According to your post,
Zimmy had a duty to permit the perp to injure or kill him.
I dispute that.

The perp was beating Zimmy 's head against the street.

David
DrewDad

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 11:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Legally, self defense is not an absolute right.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 11:12 am
@markel40,
markel40 wrote:
Yes Zimmerman is in the wrong. It is like we are back in the 60's where a white person can just kill a black boy and no one thinks that something is wrong. Why did Travyon look out of place, because he was black. Zimmerman is a grown man and Travyon was a child, he could have been bigger then a normal child his age but there is a difference between men strength and a child strength.

It is not wrong to defend yourself when people attack you. Do you have some sort of evidence that this is not what happened?

markel40 wrote:
If he could not hold his own grown then maybe he should not approach people. If I am walking down the street at night and some one comes up to me I will feel that I would have to defend myself.

So far, no one has provided any evidence that Zimmerman approached Trayvon.

In fact, the evidence so far indicates the opposite, that Trayvon approached Zimmerman.

markel40 wrote:
How do we not know that Travyon was not defending his self. We will never be able to ask him because he is not here to tell his story. Why couldn't he just shoot him in the leg or just wound him,

Self defense doesn't work like that.

markel40 wrote:
no it was in his mind to kill a black person.

No, it was in his mind to end the violent assault he was experiencing.

markel40 wrote:
And the police should be held accountable for their part in not taking the case seriously.

The police have taken the case seriously from the beginning.

markel40 wrote:
You have Zimmerman, police who are adults, and than you have Travyon a child, who was the only one who was right. I do believe if Travyon was white than we would have a different outcome. We have to take a stand, when adults think that it is okay to kill child in cold blood then we need to let America know that we are not going to take it anymore. How can I approach someone then say that I was defending myself?

As noted above, the evidence seems to indicate that Trayvon approached Zimmerman.

Certainly no one so far has yet provided any evidence that Zimmerman approached Trayvon.

markel40 wrote:
Why was he outside of his car?

So he could relay Trayvon's position to the police.

markel40 wrote:
Zimmerman was on a power trip which cost Travyon his life and some people thing that is right.

Hardly a power trip to try to protect your neighborhood.

markel40 wrote:
Some times I am ashamed to be an American because Zimmerman's lawyer knows that he was in the wrong and he just wants him to get off to help his career.

Unlikely that his lawyer believes that.

markel40 wrote:
But I believe in God and he will have the last say in all of those who have wronged Travyon.

True. But God is going to take into account what actually happened, and not base judgment on some fictional version of the event.

And if it turns out that Zimmerman is innocent, and ends up in prison, people who cheer for that outcome will likely not enjoy their own final judgment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 11:14 am
@markel40,
markel40 wrote:
Are you forgetting that he was a child and they do not think like adults. I am a 40 year old woman and some one comes up to me at night aggressively I would think that I would have to defend myself.

So far the evidence indicates that Trayvon came up to Zimmerman, not the reverse.

markel40 wrote:
Why did he get out of his car? What was he going to do? Detain him until the cops show up?

He got out of the car to keep an eye on him from a distance, so he could point him out to the police when they arrived.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 11:26 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Regardless of your personal views, from a legal standpoint that statement is incorrect.

According to your post,
Zimmy had a duty to permit the perp to injure or kill him.
I dispute that.

The perp was beating Zimmy 's head against the street.

Legally, self defense is not an absolute right.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Depends on what you mean. Certainly if it could be shown that Zimmerman started the fight, any subsequent act would not count as self defense.

But if the act does count as self defense, Zimmerman's right to defend himself is pretty absolute.