My attorney lied to me

RonnieD

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:39 am
My attorney made 2 big decisions on my case without consulting me first. When I confronted him about it, he just kept saying, "you signed the agreement". One thing was he said "yes" to the pick up/drop off of my children that my ex husband picked out, I had no idea because my attorney didn't ask me. Second, I need to move out of state and I can't without court permission because of the custody. My attorney told me that the only way my ex will let me go with my children is if I stopped child support. I found out today only after I asked my ex directly if he asked for it, or did my attorney offer it. He said my attorney brought that up. Is there any way I can have this over turned since my attorney lied about it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 3,484 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Fido

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 06:07 am
@RonnieD,
Attorneys lie to everyone... What makes you think you are so special as to be exempt from a common law of all humanity...Everyone thinks it is great when their lawyers lie for them, but feel used and abused when the lawyer lies to them... Really??? You are surprised... Most of us would melt like the wicked witch is a pool of honesty... It is just like you saying: My Children.... Wouldn't that be something like: Our Children??? Children make the poorest sort of property... To fence them in like cattle is the most certain way to get them on the other side of it...I mean; what do you expect from your kids??? Love??? Children demand so much more love than they could possibly return, and to give them all they need in the form of closeness is to invite a charge in court...

Everyone needs to be the only one, the special one to some one... In the lives we have now-adays, everyone wants that special treatment -from boss to bozo... The only ones who will profit from it are children, and they deserve it, too... So; I would expect in the natural order of thing that your children could say MY mom; but that you could only with pride say my children...

They are not property... They are not a pale that can be fought over... Encourage fatherhood because it is hard for fathers to bond anyway... Just a hint, here; but unless your ex is the absolute devil in hell his kids are going to blow him off, and you too, and become exactly who they are, who they have always been, if you think about it...Children change without changing who they are, but the effect of a parent upon them is slight even if life long lasting... It is because they are even less capable of reason, and of being swayed by reason that they are so intransigent...

You may have good reason for hating your ex's guts... No matter how sharp you think you are, raising children is incredibly labor intensive, and you can use every bit of help you can get from the man, and child support is but a fraction of it... You will make a hero of him simply by putting him beyond the reach of his children who will need his emotional and moral support...You will fail in what you are attempting to do, and it is only a matter of by what degree...Is your hate worth the possible damage you might well do, and almost certainly will do???

I understand it well enough... It happens all the time...There was one of those ladies of classical antiquity named Cremhild, I believe, who fed her own son into the face of vengeance, and he was not alone her victim...If your blood is boiling there is no reason to feel alone... Have you considered a hit man, yet??? Or was that what the attorney was supposed to be...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 06:39 am
@RonnieD,
Speak to another lawyer, but recognize that there may have been some smaller decisions (I'm not saying that these necessarily are) which were more ambiguously agreed to by you. The bane of every lawyer and client's existence is poorly drafted retention agreements. Good luck but I am dubious that you can get things overturned based on that - but that does not necessarily mean that you can't get your agreement overturned based on something else.
boomerang

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 06:51 am
@RonnieD,
Were these things outlined in the agreement?

Did you sign the agreement?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 07:52 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Speak to another lawyer, but recognize that there may have been some smaller decisions (I'm not saying that these necessarily are) which were more ambiguously agreed to by you. The bane of every lawyer and client's existence is poorly drafted retention agreements. Good luck but I am dubious that you can get things overturned based on that - but that does not necessarily mean that you can't get your agreement overturned based on something else.
Jeeeeeziiiiis... She hasn't got enough trouble with one attorney and now you want her to get two... Why not five or six??? Why not the whole damned Supreeem Cort??? Anyone with one attorney has all the trouble they need in life... Here is a suggestion: Ask her if she is a republican... Maybe she has the ability, nearly lost to all of mankind, -to make a deal with people without having an attorney in ones back pocket...

If you are robbing people then it doesn't mean nothing to use their money for lawyers to defeat their just demands, and there is the chance that you can break that much badder with their own loot...

Consider, for a moment, that there are children involved, and that all the spit and vinegar in the world is not going to make the situation, financial or emotional, better for them... All these idiots can do is break each other financially because they cannot get at each other's hearts and jugular veins... Don't encourage them... Tell such people to consider the fragile human values in their lives and to grow up...
0 Replies