Not a criticism

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 02:09 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
Until the email notifications are working again, use the My Posts list
Thank you But but yes I know about that facility and use it frequently

As far as email notification, there’s some confusion on this point. Evidently some say it’s working and some say it’s not

The way to get an official answer is to click the Contact Us link (found at the bottom of every page) and ask the admins. Repeatedly asking people who know no more about it than you do is an exercise in futility.

Quote:
See the green link next to the thumbs that says "Get Email Updates"?
I see several green links but forgive me But but what’s a “thumbs"
Look at the image I posted to see where the green "Get Email Updates" link is located. You'll also see the "thumbs" you ask about if you make the effort to look at the image.

Quote:
That's how you activate a subscription to a topic.
Forgive me again But but do you mean that the reason I don’t get email notifications is that I have failed to enter my email add.

No. Entering your email address just tells the program where to send the notifications. It can't read your mind to determine which topics you wish to get notifications for. You have to do that manually for each topic.

If so, then please tell me what to click on in order to gain access to that box
I already did. You click the green link that says "Get Email Updates." When you click it, it changes to read "stop email updates." If you haven't yet entered an email address for notifications, do so by navigating to your profile page and inputting the information in the specific box.

To manage the list of topics that you've requested updates for, you go to your profile page, click the tab for managing the updates list (see image previously posted).

Thanks for your immense forebearance given an 81-yr-old on the threshold of Alz's

Please look at the images and the notations on each image. Your answers are there.
roger

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 03:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

The way to get an official answer is to click the Contact Us link (found at the bottom of every page) and ask the admins. Repeatedly asking people who know no more about it than you do is an exercise in futility.

Yeah, but you get more answers by posting on forum
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 10:46 am
@roger,
Quote:
Is it possible you have changed your address since joining?
Extremely unlikely but I’ll go check if you’ll give me a link to it

Quote:
As for email notification, it could be that people are not always talking about the same thing.
My impression also

Quote:
I do get email notifications of PMs if, and only if I am not logged in when they are sent.
Yes I understand that feature is still active

Quote:
I do not choose to get email notification of topic replies, so I can't help you there.
To me and I suppose others too it’s a real nuisance having to log in every time someone responds to one of my posts; but nobody seems to know whether this noti feature will ever be restored
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 11:02 am
@Butrflynet,
But thank you again for your forebearance, but

dalehileman wrote:

Quote:

As far as email notification, there’s some confusion on this point. Evidently some say it’s working and some say it’s not

Quote:
Repeatedly asking people who know no more about it than you do is an exercise in futility.
Yea evidently so

Quote:
Quote:
See the green link next to the thumbs that says "Get Email Updates"?
I see several green links but forgive me But but what’s a “thumbs"
Quote:
Look at the image I posted to see where the green "Get Email Updates" link is located. You'll also see the "thumbs" you ask about if you make the effort to look at the image.
Alas alack But and forgive an old guy with incipient Alz’s, I can’t find a “thumb”; maybe you could provide a link

Quote:
Quote:
That's how you activate a subscription to a topic.

Forgive me again But but do you mean that the reason I don’t get email notifications is that I have failed to enter my email add.

Quote:
No. Entering your email address just tells the program where to send the notifications. It can't read your mind to determine which topics you wish to get notifications for. You have to do that manually for each topic.
Okay, how then

If so, then please tell me what to click on in order to gain access to that box
Quote:
I already did. You click the green link that says "Get Email Updates." When you click it, it
By “it” do you mean "UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ALL"

Quote:
changes to read "stop email updates." If you haven't yet…….do so by navigating to your profile page and inputting the information in the specific box... you go to your profile page, click the tab for managing the updates list (see image previously posted).
Not a criticism But but by no means does that all sound easy to do, while at other sites of this sort it’s all automatic; while I still don’t know whether email notification for each new response is even possible. I do however agree I ought to inquire of Admin, though if the process gets any more complex you might have to do without me in the future, for which you will no doubt thank God

Once more thanks for your immense forebearance given an 81-yr-old on the threshold of Alz’s and please don’t feel obliged to reply as I can well understand your frustration

PS: It sure would save a lot of keystrokes though if somehow Admin made it possible to more easily scroll in the edit window

But But I do understand how difficult to alter purchased software and so I will understand
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 11:09 am
@dalehileman,
At this point there is nothing more I can do. It is up to you to help yourself. All the info is there for you to see if you look for it.

This will be my last post in this thread.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 01:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
But But thanks anyhow
0 Replies