Computer help - anyone? Please?

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:55 pm
The internet connection problems seem to now be resolved. I shut the computer off for a while and it cleared up.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 09:31 pm
Another problem!

I was looking through websites to find an image to share with friends when a Norton warning box (in red) popped up saying that I had downloaded a trojan virus. I have been through this before. I have downloaded the patch and recontructed my computer. I have a firewall and norton and get my regular updates.

Anyway, I checked the logs and there it is, but the norton virus scan isn't finding it (so far at 110225 files scanned). It's passed the section where the log says the virus logged. Where is it? How did it get here if I never downloaded anything?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 09:46 pm
The file is logged as being in my temp internet files.

Norton didn't find it.

A scan of the Temp Int Files by my desktop search function yielded a file, but when Norton scanned it it found no virus.

What now?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 09:48 pm
What's a PHP file?

Should I delete this file:
.....\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0V1V6Y3D\htm[1].htm ?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 10:26 pm
I wouldn't worry about this, lil'k. You did a full scan, which is good. An htm file in temporary Internet files is not any big threat.
Feel free to delete the file you mentioned if it's still there, but it's better to let IE handle deleting temporary Internet files (click 'Tools > Internet Options', then click the Delete Files button).

Quote:
What's a PHP file?

PHP files are run from a web server to generate dynamic Web pages. For example, Able2Know is made up of hundreds, maybe thousands, of php files.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 10:30 pm
THANKS Monger! Ok, did the file delete through tools. I'd done the same through my norton package (dunno if it's the same process).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 10:33 pm
ok, looks like the file's gone now.... phew. Thanks again.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2004 11:23 pm
I feel for ya Kris. Especially after the last few days I've had.
0 Replies