Do any of you have Ukrainian ancestry?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 11:40 pm
I think we need to work up a working chart on Margo and Msolga, who I am crazy about both of. But people mix them up all the time and it must rankle. What do you think, eh?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:36 am
It does rankle, osso, it does! I can't tell you how much it rankles!
Margo's the bossy one. Laughing I'm the NICE one! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:44 am
.... & Possum the gorgeous looks nothing like Felix the Cat!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:07 am
Jeesh, will you guys ever forgive aguy for not typing with his reading glasses.. My big problem now is that a few members are using same avatars . I sometimes post to the avatar Im familiar and it turns out to be a different person.

MIZZ_OLE'_GAHHH. got it margo
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 08:15 am
Fear not. This half-Ukrainian will never abandon The Avatar of Oink.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:22 pm
msolga wrote:
It does rankle, osso, it does! I can't tell you how much it rankles!
Margo's the bossy one. Laughing I'm the NICE one! Twisted Evil

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Evil or Very Mad Mad
Well - I never!!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll pay for that, Missy!!!!!! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 11:42 pm
margo wrote:
Well - I never!!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll pay for that, Missy!!!!!! :wink:

<ducking for cover> I know I will, margo, oh I know!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 12:16 am
But farmerman & Jim, did you check out the link? Strange & groovy developments in the Ukraine! Surprised
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 06:26 pm
It seemed a good idea to revive this thread, with all the interest in the Ukraine at the moment ... & also so many new A2Kers since this thread first appeared.

OK, then: Anyone with Ukrainian ancestry out there? Declare yourself! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 09:42 pm
Or, is it remotely possible that we could have Ukrainians IN Ukraine online?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 05:19 am
If you come across any, on this forum or any other, please let me know.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 05:23 am
Ukrainians in Ukraine, Einherjar?

You wouldn't be Ukrainian yourself?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 04:51 pm
Sorry, Norwegian.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:05 pm
Ah. I just wondered about your request.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:10 pm
Just looking for the inside scoop on the current ordeal.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:23 pm
Ah.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 06:48 pm
My fathers family came from Yalta in the Crimea. He was born there and left as a young man prior to WW1.
0 Replies

shortncute11185

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 01:34 pm
Do any of you have Ukrainian Ancestry?
Dobryy den! I'm not Ukrainian at all ( I was born in France of Eurasian descent but I've lived in the States for 15 yrs.) but I met a group of other wonderful youths directly from Ukraine during the summer through work (they were there as counselors, I worked in the arts/crafts building). It was such a pleasure for me to become acquainted with them and their culture and lifestyle. Before this truly wonderful experience I became fascinated by Russia and their culture and am planning a trip there in a few years. Then camp arrived, and I got to meet people from Russia's neighbor to the west- "Ukraniya". They taught me some more Russian words (I've been teaching myself this great language about one year before I went to camp) and one of them, who became close friends with, even taught me some Ukrainian words like "tak", "baba", "tato", "brat", etc. and introduced me to Ukrainian cuisine like borschh and perogies. She showed me some photos of Kyiv and it looked BEEEAUUTIFUL Very Happy She's even invited me to go over to Ukraine sometime soon and stay with her in her Kyiv apartment. Now I'm anxious to go over to both Russia AND Ukraine and get a brand-new taste of the other side of Europe. Would any natives of Ukraine, someone who's been to Ukraine, or anyone of Ukrainian ancestry please give me advice/info on what to bring w/ me on my trip, what to see, do, etc. or give me some useful websites on Ukraine travel? Also, if any, what are the cultural differences and similarities between the two former Soviet republics? Also if anyone here knows some simple Ukrainian words/phrases could you please post them somewhere on this forum? I'd say 'thank you' in Ukrainian, but I don't know how to (yet) and am not sure if it's the same as in Russian, but here goes-spasibo! I'd also like to give shout-outs to the ten friendly, gracious, intelligent colleagues I met last summer! :wink: Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:39 am
shortncute11185

Hello & welcome! I know how to say thank you in Ukrainian but have no idea of how to spell it ... It sounds something like: "Juk-i-you"! Laughing Despite having Ukrainian ancestry, I've never been there. But I just know someone here will have some good advice for you. Very Happy
0 Replies

shortncute11185

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 06:01 am
Dear msolga, spasibo for the reply!

Gosh I'm curious why no one has commented this topic in a while--but I am glad I'm the one to break the silence Very Happy :wink:

I truly hope others will continue discussing this topic.
0 Replies