Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 08:49 am
I'm peeling my babanas (and those for Mrs. Walter, since she has some difficulties with it) from 'normal' end.

(Especially those with this label
http://www.b-a-m.de/Walter%20I%20like%20these.jpg :wink:)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 08:53 am
caprice
I don't feed the dog fruit. It just happens that I get clumsy enough to drop a piece and the dog grabs it.

I did have a dog that would dig up and eat carrots.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:17 am
ossobuco wrote:
So I just peeled a banana from the wrong end, easy as pie. Yikes, a new trick!

That's what I thought~!

Eva... you having a case of the twos? It's OK. Squish your banana... then mix it with crushed graham crackers. You'll feel better.

Walter -- Is there really a label like that?

I've never heard of grapes being toxic for dogs. What about nuts?

Seal --yes.
Daddy had a banana seal;
With flippers golden brown.
Balanced bananas on its head
Right-side up & Upside down.

http://www.acts.ca/lbdc/bushara/nature-tours/bananas-4-varities.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:27 am
Piffka wrote:
Walter -- Is there really a label like that?

Must be: the other label is this one
http://www.b-a-m.de/walter_tm_ripe.jpg

(All pics from the "Banana-Label-Museum" [ LINK - no panic: the download is the 'Original Chiquita Jingle' - labels are to be found in alphabetical order in "A - Z Bestandskatalog"])
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:40 am
If we're talking bananas...we can't forget this one.

Chiquita Banana Song
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:44 am
My husband snaps 'em. He does this thing where he just breaks them in half, really fast. Then easy to peel.

I can't do it, you have to do it really fast or they get all mushy. The way he does it, it's like they're sliced in the middle with a knife. Pretty cool.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:56 am
Wow, Walter... you should save those & sell 'em on eBay. I was looking at a collection of banana labels (yes... I really was!) and they didn't have the first one you mentioned: I Like Bananas, Walter.

Sozobe -- That does sound cool, I've never seen that. Once they're peeled, have you noticed how easy it is to separate the segments into three long wedges? They just break apart with a little encouragement.

My daughter came home last night and found us eating bananas. "What are you doing?" she said. Those were for the party... they were supposed to get soaked in rum.

Oopsie. There were only two left.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 10:59 am
when i'm being a 'carpenter', i peel a banana with my ball pien hammer; i always think it's best to 'share'!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 11:00 am
When the Berlin wall came down in 1989, protesters who had long been without fresh fruit - and never got banans at all! - in the shops in the GDR, adopted a slogan, which they chanted at the then German Chancellor: "Take our hand, lead us into Bananaland".
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 11:35 am
Knock, knock.

-- Smile Who's there?

Banana.

-- Very Happy Banana Who?

Banana Banana. Knock, knock.

--Confused Who's there?

Banana.

-- Evil or Very Mad Banana who?

Banana Banana. Knock, knock.

-- Twisted Evil Who's there?

Orange.

-- Shocked Orange who?

Orange you glad I didn't say Banana? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 11:37 am
edgarblythe wrote:
caprice
I don't feed the dog fruit. It just happens that I get clumsy enough to drop a piece and the dog grabs it.

I did have a dog that would dig up and eat carrots.

Dogs are strange beasties sometimes! Smile
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 11:54 am
When my mother was a girl she had a dog that loved oranges...he would grab it out of any kids hand that was eating one.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:03 pm
Fun with bananas:

Okay, this takes some prepartion but the looks on people's faces are worth it. Take a ripe banana and a straight pin. Poke the the pin into the banana and wiggle it side to side. Then move the pin down a little and do it again. Make the same kind of cutting motions with the pin. I usually make about twenty sticks/cuts all the way down the banana.

Now find your mark. A kid say, and tell him that you've bought a new kind of banana, one that comes already sliced. Have him look at the banana closely, (If you make all the pins holes along one line they are invisible.)
Wait till your mark says, "aw shucks or you're cracked", then carefully peel the banana revealing the beautiful slices you made. Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:12 pm
Well Joe, I'll try this next time we have a banana in the house... Sad
0 Replies