Piffka

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 08:23 pm
So the guys were eating lunch in the job-shack and Mr.Piffka saw Douglas peel a banana from the wrong end. "Ha-ha... you're peeling that banana from the wrong end!" says he.

"Au contraire, mon ami," retorts the carpenter. "I am peeling it from the correct end."

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/3/020622_banana-everyday_econ.jpg

Which end of the banana... my friends... which end do you peel?

http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/campoven/images/banana_small.jpg

This way, the way we've mostly known, is more difficult... try it... you'll see. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,648 • Replies: 33
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 08:29 pm
I have been know to peel it either way - Though I use the standard method the most often.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:04 pm
Really? How'd that happen? It had never occurred to me to peel it from the other end... so stuck in my ways, I guess.

I'm always pleased to learn something new. I often squish the banana when I try to peel it from the stem end, so I learned to cut it with a knife. I thought the little dialog that Mr.P related to me was pretty funny... big tough construction guys discussing banana peeling.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:10 pm
Ya know, the ideal packaging protects the product, identifies the product, and is easy to remove. The ideal packaging is a banana peel.

Okay, so what if it's not relevant to anything?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:14 pm
I didn't have any bananas in the house so I went over to Jinn's deli to get some but the ones he had didn't have any instructions on them as to how to take the peeling off so I bought some Diet Coke...... no directions on the can neither but what the hey................

Joe
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:16 pm
Next time I eat a banana, I'll peel the other end...even though it will still taste the same no matter which way you peel it.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:32 pm
You guys peel 'em?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:34 pm
Relevancy, Roger, is in the eye of the beholder. I have also thought that the banana was a perfect package... and now I find it is even more perfect. We can open either end. Life is good.

No bananas at Jinn's, Joe? A run on bananas this evening, I guess. The word is out!

True, Colorbook, but I hope you have fun trying something new.

I was sorta hoping someone would come on and say... of course, that's how we always peel a banana. (Maybe the Aussies?)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:39 pm
I dropped a banana on the floor and the dog ate it. Same thing with grapes.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:58 pm
The package is biodegradable, and sometimes does it before you get around to eating the banana.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 09:58 pm
Was the banana peeled? My dogs won't eat fresh fruit but they'll eat dried fruit and they love nuts.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 10:29 pm
I've got to try that the next time I eat a banana.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:14 am
Not me. I cut off the stem end and peel it from there. And yes, that is precisely what I will continue to do from now on. You can't make me change. I refuse!

(BAD attack of the "stubborns" today...this seemed like a good place to let it out.)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 12:17 am
Ok, ok Eva, calm down! We won't make you do it ;-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 01:44 am
So I just peeled a banana from the wrong end, easy as pie. Yikes, a new trick!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:17 am
I generally always peel it from the stem, out of habit, it just seems more conveinent - more to hold onto, but either ways works just fine.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 04:09 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I dropped a banana on the floor and the dog ate it. Same thing with grapes.

Grapes can be toxic for dogs.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 06:10 am
One time I inadvertently bent the banana, and caused a split in the middle of the peel. I then peeled it from the middle, to the ends. It tasted the same as usual, but somehow I felt that I was committing an illegal act, or at least an immoral one! Laughing
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 07:06 am
Mrs. SealPoet is allergic to bananas, so we don't often have them in the house.

Y'know, the stem end is the bottom end of the banana...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 08:19 am
Piffka wrote:
I often squish the banana when I try to peel it from the stem end, so I learned to cut it with a knife.

Me too.
0 Replies