The politics of hoodie wearing

Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 09:55 pm
@gungasnake,
the racist dickhead inside of you is showing itself again, gunky...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:11 pm
@gungasnake,
You're not exactly the person I'd hold up as a shining example of humanity.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:12 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
A bit quiet here about witness accounts
that state Martin was sitting on Zimmerman's chest beating him;
the screaming for help was Zimmerman. Anybody?
YES; I saw on NBC TV News that "a police Investigator" said that
he asked decedent 's father whether the screaming voice
on the tape was decedent. Investigator said that the father said: "no."
That father has since changed his story,
lining it up with his wife.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:16 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I agree re "voice experts." I don't think you can tell definitively whose voice it was via recordings.
Especially since the stress of the situation could've made either man's voice quite different.
I'll bring back articles.
Zimmy was shrieking like the proverbial "stuck pig"; not very manly.

David
Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
especially considering he picked the fight.

then he compounded it by murdering the kid...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:32 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
especially considering he picked the fight.
Really????

U can show that Zimmy TOUCHED Mr. T FIRST???

Rockhead wrote:
then he compounded it by murdering the kid...
It seems like a very fine, admirable, justified, helpful thing to DO.
Zimmy shud get a MEDAL and a tax credit
for valuable services rendered to the decent people.

David
Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I can show exactly what you can, dave.

squat...

I'll wait for the trial.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:37 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
I can show exactly what you can, dave.

squat...
WHICH side has the burden of PROOF, Rocky?????
Rockhead

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
not the one on the internet, dave...

you've got spittle on your chin again, sir.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:42 pm
@Lash,
Based on the evidence in your link, Lash, the State 's case is not even a good joke; just an exercise in futility,
but it shud add to the size of Zimmy 's book,
so he can get a better price; his movie too.

Maybe it will come out in 3-D !

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:44 pm
@Rockhead,
Run, Rocky, run !!!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:45 pm
Quote:
A closer look at the witness statements and audio testimony taken in the immediate aftermath Trayvon Martin's death provides the first insight into George Zimmerman's behavior after he shot the unarmed teen.
A man listed as witness 13 was one of the first people to approach Zimmerman minutes after the shooting. He saw him bleeding from the back of the head and nose. Zimmerman asked the unidentified man to call his wife for him.
"Let her know what's happening, been involved in a shooting and will be held for questioning," the witness told the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. "He was more like, talking like he was having a hard time, looked like he just got his butt whipped ... not like he was in shock, not like, 'I can't believe I just shot someone,' but like, 'Just tell my wife I just shot someone,' like it was nothing."
A woman identified as witness 5 walked out of her home after hearing the altercation to find Zimmerman standing over Martin's body. She said she asked him what was going on and he curtly said just, "Call the police."
The woman told police that Zimmerman, 28, examined Martin's body as he slowly paced back and forth when the police arrived. She watched as they checked the teen's body and turned him over, eventually starting CPR. But he was already dead for five or 10 minutes, she said.
"I do honestly feel that he intended for this kid to die," witness 5 told investigators. "If you're in self defense, shoot him in the leg. He's a 17-year-old, scrawny little kid. You get into a physical fight with him. ... I think the kid was running for help."

http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-witness-believes-intended-kid-die-204338831--abc-news-topstories.html

What this indicates to me is that at the time Zimmerman thought that he was totally in the right to shoot to kill. I agree with David, the more we learn the more the charges against Zimmerman look like abuse of the law.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 10:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Zimmerman would not need to demonstrate that his life was in danger in order to gain protection under Florida law. According to the state's “stand your ground” statute, a defendant doesn't need to be at risk of death, but rather at risk of “death or great bodily harm.” The legislature has not defined "great bodily harm," and Florida courts have said only that it “does not include mere bruises as are likely to be inflicted in a simple assault and battery.”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/05/george_zimmerman_claims_he_was_fighting_for_his_life_how_deadly_is_an_unarmed_teenager_.html

Me thinks that the state is going to end up laughed out of court if Zimmerman is stout enough to resist their efforts to get him to plead out.....
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 01:50 am
@hawkeye10,
Yes. The State's case is less than a joke.

David
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 06:23 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Me thinks that the state is going to end up laughed out of court if Zimmerman is stout enough to resist their efforts to get him to plead out.....

You've got Alan Dershowitz claiming that the prosecutor is not conducting this thing on a decent or honest basis and that the state has less than zero case. If I were the prosecutor I'd drop this case immediately to prevent any further damage to my own career, and let the demoKKKrat voting block riot or do whatever else they wanted, it's not worth it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 06:28 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
"If you're in self defense, shoot him in the leg. He's a 17-year-old, scrawny little kid. You get into a physical fight with him. ... I think the kid was running for help."

The guys in the process of being murdered by having his head repeatedly bashed into pavement and she wants him to shoot the kid in the leg...

I mean, sooner or later we may need to build a wall on a great circle arc around the planet and simply let these fuckers have their own side...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 06:59 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

For a thoughtful, even-handed person, I think you've made several unsupportable leaps without evidence concerning this case, primarily that he was "simply losing a fist fight." We can't know that.

The other possibility is that a 17 year old kid with no history of violence was trying to kill him? I don't think it's a leap. What other possibilities do you see?

What were the other unsupportable leaps?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:08 am
@Lash,
From reading the witness accounts it is clear that the police believed it was Zimmerman calling for help. I don't think they really knew but went by what Zimmerman said and witness assumptions that the guy on the bottom was the one calling for help.

As for Trayvon being on top, I'm sure he was just before he got shot. But nobody seems to have seen what happened before that, although one witness reports seeing two guys "chasing each other" and yelling at each other.

If you get the PDF there's a witness account from what sounds like a young teenager that is very interesting with respect to the interactions with the investigator. That same investigator later recommends charges so I don't think it's indicative of anything other than the difficulty of making sense of the situation and some natural bias toward Zimmerman because they knew him.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:10 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Can you link to those witness accounts?

I've seen articles about "voice experts" who have testified that it was not Zimmerman calling for help, but I have not seen anything about a witness who can report who was calling for help.

(I have my doubts that they can actually determine anything from a recording of a cell phone, but I'm not a "voice expert.")

Yeah that was also part of the evidence dump. The FBI said they can't tell because of the high stress of the situation (something I wondered about when other experts claimed they could tell) and the quality of the recording.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:13 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Zimmerman claims Trayvon went for his gun. I'm still one who believes the whole thing could've been avoided if Zim had listened to dispatch; however, the news, if it bears out, should temper hot opinions.

He will have trouble with this claim based on the forensics report. There was no powder residue on his hands and none of his DNA on the weapon, though results on the holster were inconclusive. I just realized I haven't provided links. Let me get on my laptop so I can dig them up easier.
0 Replies