Is it over?Has Kerry taken the prize?

au1929

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 10:06 am
Is it a done deal. Has Kerry won the race for the democratic standard bearer in the race for the presidency? If so who do you think would make the best running mate? Why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 790 • Replies: 11
No top replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 10:07 pm
Well, unless something drastic happens I think Kerry is pretty much the man that's going against Bush.

A running mate, Can Clinton run for vice President? Mr. Green

Actually, I wish it were Kerry and Dean, but I think Dean pretty much blew his chances the way he campaigned so negatively against Kerry. But I did like Deans views on the war.

Who knows, maybe it will be Hillary. I have no quams about voting for a woman, especially Hillary.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 05:02 am
No, not all the states voted yet, my state Florida is voting on 4/9. If Kerry wins, I think will be either, Dean, Clinton, or Gore.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:29 am
I can't claim to know a damn thing about the candidates. I just hope they pick the one who's got the best chance of beating the shrub.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 07:16 am
roverroad wrote:
A running mate, Can Clinton run for vice President? Mr. Green ....

Nope, the Constitution prevents Bill Clinton from running for Vice President as well as President. His wife (or brother, for that matter) has no such limitations.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 10:07 am
Quote:
Can Clinton run for vice President?

By Clinton i assume you mean Hillary. Yes she can run however, If she intended to run it would have been for the presidency.
If she had run IMO she would stand a better chance of beating Bush than Kerry.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 10:32 am
If as predicted Kerry takes Michigan. Isn't it time for the rest of the candidates to fold their tents and present a united front?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:24 pm
It looks like Dean said he would accept a Vice Presidential nomination:

Click Here

But what candidate would take him after he had bashed all of them, especially Kerry.

Could make for an unbeatable combination though I think. Especially since Bush is messing up so badly...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:29 pm
roverroad
Kerry and Dean just would not cut it since both are from New England. I should think that Kerry and Edwards would make a better vote getting team. Edwards being a son of the south.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:56 pm
I just don't get the Southern strategy. Why do we need to have a representative from the South anyway? No offence to the Southern readers but in my opinion we've had some pretty bad presidents in past years come out of the south. I guess a Democratic representative would be OK. All of the bad southern representatives were Republican.

I guess if it's a vote getter he could pick Edwards and then switch him for Dean after the election. Laughing

I'm kidding of course but what may be a good vote getting combo may not necessarily be what's best for the country. But as long as we get Bush out of office any combo will leave us better off.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 02:50 am
Dean Edwards would make a good combination. Kerry is a loser no matter who he is teamed with. The democrat high muckeymucks are shooting themselves in the foot again. I HATE IT BUT IT LOOKS LIKE FOUR MORE YEARS OF bUSH. pERHAPS BY THE TIME BUSH GITS OUT OF OFFICE HE WILL HAVE DESTROYED THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AS WELL AS THE us. Sorry, accidently hit caps lock.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 03:17 am
I don't know about that rabel22. What I'm hearing on the news is that Democrats are turning out to vote at the Primaries in record numbers. A large democratic voter turn out could really hurt Bush. I think a lot of Democrats just want to get Bush out of the White House and they don't care who they elect.

Have you even checked out the John Kerry web site? He stands for some good things.

Click Here
0 Replies