You Know What's Really Sad?

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 07:51 am
I used to send articles about the bush inc. cartel to my friends many of whom are republicans who support bush or did anyway, and try to debate with them about what bush inc. is doing to the country, but I have learned that I'm either preaching to the choir or the recipients of my emails absolutely don't want to hear it and actually get angry with me for sending them.

We are so polarized that there is barely room for debate or consideration of the other man's opinion.

Good job on being a uniter not a divider there george. Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 869 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 08:54 am
Bi,
I don't know what type of articles you are sending your Republican friends that are irritating them so much , but perhaps you should take a look at the 'tone' the articles in question.
Most of us who support President Bush are inundated nearly every day with newspaper articles accusing the President of everything except the death of Mother Theresa so you will excuse us if the last thing most of us want to hear is even more bile and hate spewed at our President.
Instead of sending more articles to your friends, try summarizing the article and writing your own opinion about them and asking for theirs. Then at least it will be YOUR words coming to your friends, not just (as most of we conservatives view it) more left wing hate propaganda being thrown our way.

The problem with the lack of debate is that neither[/u] side will budge on their own point of view.

I will tell you what ... in the spirit of discussion, why don't you send the articles to ME. I will read them and send you back replies that won't be hate filled (I may laugh at some if they are from the same sources that pistoff uses) and I will try to reply to each.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 08:59 am
Why not do it right here in this thread, Bear. This sounds interesting.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 08:59 am
Fedral

Are you denying that Bush had anything to do with Mother Teresa's death?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:02 am
Wow. OK, I'm bookmarking.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:07 am
BP
I find that when I say anything that in anyway criticizes Bush to my friends who are die hard republicans. I get accused of disloyalty, being a communist and told that I ought to go back to, the country of my ancestors. Bush can do no wrong in their eyes. They seem to hold the same adoration of Bush as the Germans had of Adolph. .
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:28 am
here is one from the daily mislead

http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/Read.asp?fn=df02052004.html

here is another

http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/Read.asp?fn=df02052004.html

I happen to like these articles because they use source quotes that eliminate deniability.

I will not deny that I considered election night 2000 Black Tuesday, but I took a wait and see approach until he did the first transparent thing which was change the bankruptcy laws to suit MBNA, his biggest campaign contributor. It's been downhill ever since. He has done too much damage for me to change my opinion of him as the worst president in the history of these United States.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:32 am
My brother and I email each other, articles and jokes about Bush all the time. I know I can send him anything in this regard. However, other family members and friends are Bush supporters, including my father, so I'm very careful not to send or forward anything that will completely aggravate them.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:38 am
Umm Bi,
I dont mean to be picky, but both those links lead to the same article. I have to download them and print hardcopy (I hate reading comp screens) and I noticed both copies were the same. Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 10:49 am
http://www.misleader.org/daily_mislead/Read.asp?fn=df02042004.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 10:57 am
Fedral, given your criticism of Bi's possible sources here, don't you see how posting articles by Ann Coulter is just as imflammatory--don't you see that liberals see her as indulging in wild accusations against the left?

Sauce for the goose . . .
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 11:23 am
Setanta wrote:
Fedral, given your criticism of Bi's possible sources here, don't you see how posting articles by Ann Coulter is just as imflammatory--don't you see that liberals see her as indulging in wild accusations against the left?

Sauce for the goose . . .

Set,
I wasn't criticizing Bi's sources, I was pointing out that he had posted a duplicate link. I was interested in both his articles and was hoping he could have linked the second (as he did)

As to my posting of Ms. Coulters articles, I try to post one VERY right wing whacko article for every one of pistoff's extremist leftist whacko articles (just trying to keep the universe in balance) Very Happy
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 12:10 pm
I appreciate your work, Fedral...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 12:16 pm
Keeps you busy, doesn't it, Fed?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 12:27 pm
I got this in a email today are these statements true or false? Anyway to prove them? I bet this falls right in this discussion. TIA

Quote:
Quote:
One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from USA but, what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.Constitution and Laws, to take necessary actions, (including, if appropriate,
air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction
programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs
continue a pace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998.
We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities.
Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years . We also should remember we have always underestimated
the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his
chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" Rep.
Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological
weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program.
He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members
It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime . He presents a
particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his
continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction
So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real .."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan.23.2003
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 12:28 pm
Sadness vs depression...Is there truly any difference?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 12:37 pm
Most if not all of these statements were made prior to the inspectors return to Iraq. Once they had and gained access what the hell prompted or was the excuse for the preemptive invasion? The UN mandate was for the renewal of inspections. Not the Bush regime change mandate. We the US actually violated the UN resolution.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 01:29 pm
Let's see; which of those people in husker's post above actually invaded Iraq and toppled its brutal dictator but failed to find those all those nasty WMDs we were being threatened with?

Which of those people in husker's post above said we couldn't wait for UN inspectors any longer; that we had to invade and disarm Saddam immediately?

Thinking....which one could it be....
0 Replies