11
   

Firebombing in TX

 
 
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 12:53 pm
@Foofie,
When all is said and done it is men trying to used the power of the state to control women bodies.

The GOP is the same in that regard as the Taliban.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 02:00 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
When all is said and done it is men trying to used the power of the state to control women bodies.

The GOP is the same in that regard as the Taliban.
I'm in the GOP.
I reject n deplore all anti-abortion law.





David
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 02:04 pm
@engineer,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

MontereyJack wrote:
I'd say that makes you a RINO, David.
Not at all; that is not true,
engineer wrote:
Of course it is. He didn't say you aren't conservative, he said you aren't Republican.
The idea that the Republican party is conservative by your oft stated definition is clearly not true.
The party of Barry Goldwater is America 's conservative party.
It is not the theocrat party (tho there r some theocrats in it).





David
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 02:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I'm in the GOP.
I reject n deplore all anti-abortion law.




An perhaps you can find a taliban or two that does not agree with their stand on women however the GOP as the GOP is for the control of women bodies by using the power of the state.
0 Replies
 
panzade
 
  2  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 07:03 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Unwanted children can be given up for adoption, or kept in orphanages, based on a mother's preference. Orphanages could be run by religious institutions. This was once the way it was.


What a creepy thing to write.

Don't you ever read anything about the rest of the world?

Quote:
Nicolae Ceau┼čescu was the head of Romania's Communist party, he was essentially a maniac who plunged Romania into a poverty rarely seen in the modern world.

He had a strict policy on no abortion and no birth control.(Decree 770).
In a post industrial nation riddled with poverty this turned out to be disastrous for tens of thousands of children born in Romania under his leadership

Because of the enormous amount of births and desperate poverty, children were simply abandoned by the thousands. This led to orphanages where one nurse would be responsible for hundreds of infants or children.

These babies would at times be alone for days or weeks at a time and not held aside from changings and feedings, and even then there was little to no contact.

Many thousands died from a disease called "failure to thrive". This isn't really a disease at all and the cause is unknown, essentially the baby dies from not being held and loved. The ones that do survive went on to live tortured horrible lives with tremendous detachment disorders, inability to love or properly develop a well formed conscience and many times they turned violent.
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 07:05 pm
@panzade,
plus the past abuses that took place in religious schools and institutions where displaced children were housed, like the Residential Schools for natives in Canada
panzade
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 07:07 pm
@djjd62,
Exactly. Some call it the Canadian Holocaust.
engineer
 
  2  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 07:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

MontereyJack wrote:
I'd say that makes you a RINO, David.
Not at all; that is not true,
engineer wrote:
Of course it is. He didn't say you aren't conservative, he said you aren't Republican.
The idea that the Republican party is conservative by your oft stated definition is clearly not true.
The party of Barry Goldwater is America 's conservative party.
It is not the theocrat party (tho there r some theocrats in it).

You know in your heart that increasingly that is not true. Barry would find little love in today's Republican party and Ronnie even less. The gun laws you favor can't hide all the totalitarian policies rolling out of the GOP these days.
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 09:10 pm
@engineer,
AuH2O would be ran out of the modern party.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
panzade
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 10:44 pm
It was only a matter of time before Limbaugh's attack on Planned Parenthood would be acted on.

What I don't understand is why none of Rush's 4 wives ever talked about birth control with him. He made it clear that he believed the high cost of Fluke's contraception medication was reflective of the number of times she had sex.

Birth control doesn't work like Viagra Rush! You don't pop a pill every time you wanna have sex!
Hey! 9% of all women taking the pill aren't even having sex.

Access to affordable birth control SAVES tax dollars.

Quote:
According to the Brookings study, for every dollar spent on preventing unwanted pregnancies, taxpayers save $2 to $6.

Medicaid-subsidized health care related to unintended pregnancies amounts to more than $12 billion a year, the study found.

"This figure is substantially more than the federal government spends on the Head Start and Early Head Start programs each year," the study said.

"Unintended pregnancies account for more than 90 percent of all abortions, and a substantial majority of Americans of all political stripes support the goal of reducing abortions."


GASP!

0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:04 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
Unwanted children can be given up for adoption, or kept in orphanages, based on a mother's preference. Orphanages could be run by religious institutions. This was once the way it was.


What a creepy thing to write.

Don't you ever read anything about the rest of the world?

Quote:
Nicolae Ceau┼čescu was the head of Romania's Communist party, he was essentially a maniac who plunged Romania into a poverty rarely seen in the modern world.

He had a strict policy on no abortion and no birth control.(Decree 770).
In a post industrial nation riddled with poverty this turned out to be disastrous for tens of thousands of children born in Romania under his leadership

Because of the enormous amount of births and desperate poverty, children were simply abandoned by the thousands. This led to orphanages where one nurse would be responsible for hundreds of infants or children.

These babies would at times be alone for days or weeks at a time and not held aside from changings and feedings, and even then there was little to no contact.

Many thousands died from a disease called "failure to thrive". This isn't really a disease at all and the cause is unknown, essentially the baby dies from not being held and loved. The ones that do survive went on to live tortured horrible lives with tremendous detachment disorders, inability to love or properly develop a well formed conscience and many times they turned violent.



So, don't "throw the fetus out with the baby's bathwater," so to speak. Perhaps, there are people that have to be taught how to value children, before they get a job carrying for children/babies?
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
You make it sound like there is one conservative and one liberal agenda, both are written down somewhere, and everyone subscribes to either one or the other in its entirety. I do not believe an honest, thinking person can do that.
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  2  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:25 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Exactly. Some call it the Canadian Holocaust.


Well, ah ahem, happened here too. Several Navajo children died in snowstorms after escaping from Indian boarding schools.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 12:38 pm
As an aside, re something I'm considering as a response to matters like this firebombing -

When I was married, for my birthday my husband used to give me silver jewelry made by a local silversmith in his garage studio. One was a ravioli pin, one was a cool snake (we shared that zodiac sign), one was a silver wire shaped into a hanger, and one was a large pin as a drafting board with drafting tools. I still have all of those. I still like silver, and my ex and I talk occasionally, are friends.

I never was fond of the hanger pin as even if it was just an easy pin for a silversmith to make it oddly reminded me of the old method women and girls used for abortions; maybe some still resort to that or similar methods. Just yesterday I took the pin from my jewelry box and shined it, considering whether or not to wear it as a political statement. Would anyone get it? Would everyone get it and some confront me about it in, say, the grocery store or at a party? Me, I don't like abortion but see it as a woman's personal right to choose.

I'm not big on statement type tee shirts and am mixed about bumper stickers - am ambivalent on the pin.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Firebombing in TX
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/23/2022 at 11:09:41