• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 529 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Gandolf

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:45 am
Neglecting Intelligence, Ignoring Warnings
As a freelance writer I wrote an article and used the same intelligence in this article as a source. The one difference was that I used the link to Center for American Progress article. Less than three weeks after writing this article and never submitting it for publication, the link and article by Center for American Progress was deleted. (From the Center for American Progress site, not my computer.)

I found yours and added it. I hope you don't mind but it was important to my article.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 11:33 am
Then WHY did Congress overwhelming vote to give Bush authority to invade?

Don't balme Bush alone. You sound stupid when you do.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 12:04 pm
So they were wrong as well.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 12:05 pm
I blame them as well. Only those who repudiate their earlier vote will receive support from me in the future.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 12:26 pm
So far only Edwards and Obama (by default since he was not in Congress at the time) are the only 2 who said either

a) Right vote on wrong information
b) Wrong vote given what I know now

I assume those 2 statements would be acceptable?

Anyone else? (Please do not say Kucinich..PLEASE)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 12:34 pm
woiyo wrote:
So far only Edwards and Obama (by default since he was not in Congress at the time) are the only 2 who said either

I think that most of them in their hearts of hearts still beleive going in was a good idea, but have changed their tune for pure political purposes.

Politics will always lead people to do what they normally wouldn't do.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 12:40 pm
woiyo wrote:

No, there's noone else. Maybe Bill Richardson (who really should be getting more attention, he's the most qualified out of ALL the candidates).

It's a huge reason why the Left - like me - will fight tooth and nail to keep from getting Hillary the nomination. I would consider voting Republican before voting for Hillary.

I would consider voting for anyone over Hillary, actually

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 02:44 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:

No, there's noone else. Maybe Bill Richardson (who really should be getting more attention, he's the most qualified out of ALL the candidates).

It's a huge reason why the Left - like me - will fight tooth and nail to keep from getting Hillary the nomination. I would consider voting Republican before voting for Hillary.

Cycloptichorn

WOW!!!!
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 03:31 pm
Cyclo
Did you know that obama is a chicago politician. If you were from Illinois you would know that is the same as describing someone as a crook.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 03:43 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Cyclo
Did you know that obama is a chicago politician. If you were from Illinois you would know that is the same as describing someone as a crook.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, cheers

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 03:45 pm
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Cycloptichorn

WOW!!!!

It's true. She will not get the nomination - not if I have anything to do about it. And there are hundreds of thousands of Dems who feel the way I do. The Netroots and blogs get made fun of by the establishment, but the fact is that we are active, informed, and for the most part relatively wealthy. In 2008, the consensus blog candidate will get the nomination - I'd bet on it.

I don't harbor ill feelings towards either her nor Bill but I'll be damned if I work to elect another Clinton or Bush to the WH, ever again. Our country simply isn't supposed to work that way.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Gandolf

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:49 pm
woiyo wrote:
Then WHY did Congress overwhelming vote to give Bush authority to invade?

Don't balme Bush alone. You sound stupid when you do.

I don't believe anywhere in my posting I blamed Bush alone. What is stupid is to make such a statement as you did without every reading the article and having no idea what it says.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 06:55 am
Re: Neglecting Intelligence, Ignoring Warnings
Gandolf wrote:
As a freelance writer I wrote an article and used the same intelligence in this article as a source. The one difference was that I used the link to Center for American Progress article. Less than three weeks after writing this article and never submitting it for publication, the link and article by Center for American Progress was deleted. (From the Center for American Progress site, not my computer.)

I found yours and added it. I hope you don't mind but it was important to my article.

If you "used the same intelligence in this article" as the source, the source points the finger directly at the Executive Branch. The Legislative Branch used the same intel and made their decision.

I can see why you freelance.
0 Replies

Gandolf

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 01:22 am
Re: Neglecting Intelligence, Ignoring Warnings
woiyo wrote:
Gandolf wrote:

If you "used the same intelligence in this article" as the source, the source points the finger directly at the Executive Branch. The Legislative Branch used the same intel and made their decision.

I can see why you freelance.

Let me see, You still haven't seen or read the article and assume this to be the only source I used which it is not. So you insult, belittle and do little else but run off at the mouth.

I let the guy know I used his postings as one and as I said one. There were many other sources. I never pointed the finger at the Administration in this post as you very well know. I freelance because I prefer it that way and have been published. But I'm sure this means little to you and you'll have some snide come back. Oh, and by the way blame is spelled BLAME not BALME as you put in and earlier post. See just below where it says Spell check.

I only came here to let him know I used his post not to listen to your B.S. and really didn't intend to come back after that until I saw you jump to conclusions which you seem to do a lot. Now you can jump again but don't expect an answer. Unlike you I have a life which includes more than trading barbs with you.
0 Replies