Extreme weather in Albuquerque for BBB & Butrflynet, Diane & Osso

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 01:39 am
I know I sound obnoxiously dismissive and I'm sure I wouldn't like to go for a walk in all that. But these were not at all the worst I've ever been around.

On the other hand, I've had a few contretemps getting my shopping cart to my car in my various years here.
roger

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 02:43 am
@ossobuco,
Less than the worst can still be pretty bad.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 05:06 am
Good to know you all are doing okay. The wind has picked up around here, but not even close to what you describe. Take care.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 05:14 am

ay yi yi...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 05:19 am
Must be the same weather system coming here. By the time it reaches us, tomorrow, it is predicted to have potential hail and possible tornadoes.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 10:45 am
@Diane,
I checked around our house and noticed there are two more bare spots on my car where the wind and sand have sand-blasted the paint down to bare metal in the last two sandstorms. Guess I'll have to get it painted this summer.

Checked the roof shingles and fencing. Roof looks okay and the climbing rose bush that got blown off the fence in February's wind storm got shoved a little further off the fence and took some of the trellis with it. Will need Michael's help to fix that, it is too heavy for me to lift.

Drove around Diane's street, didn't see anything missing or out of the ordinary on the front of her roof.
JPB

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 10:59 am
@Butrflynet,
Glad no one got hurt. thanks for the update, bfn.
0 Replies