gollum

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 03:32 pm
Does New York State have a Chief Actuary (or similar position)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,473 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 04:06 pm
@gollum,
why not Google that query?

If you had Googled that same question, you would get the following link:

http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/titleinfo.cfm?jobcode=0752810
gollum

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 04:33 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman-
Thank you. However, I think that refers to a position in the New York State Department of Financial Services (created on 10/3/11 through the merger of the NYS Banking Department and the NYS Insurance Department) whose duties relate to the regulation of insurance companies under the jurisdiction of the New York State Department of Financial Services.

I believe the U.S. Government has a Chief Actuary not involved in regulation but the government's own finances. Similarly, New York City has a Chief Actuary not involved in regulation but the government's own finances.

Similarly Medicare has a Chief Actuary not involved in regulation but the government's own finances.
Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 04:44 pm
@gollum,
I'm unclear as to what your asking now. I have no personal awareness; however the best advice I can give is to formulate a query a put it in a search engine like Google or use an information directory at NY State website at NYS.gov.
gollum

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 05:38 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you, Ragman.

I've already tried nys.gov without success. I will try the search engine. I'm beginning to suspect that New York State does not have an actuary (for its own financial projection).
Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2012 06:29 pm
@gollum,
This is pure guesswork on my part but perhaps the office of State Comptroller for the State of New York is where you want to explore?
0 Replies