Game Change

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 10:04 pm
Watched Game Change and I actually felt sorry for Sarah Palin. For 12 seconds. I timed it. For the remaining 1 hour, 59 minutes and 48 seconds she was well portrayed as the idiotic piece of **** I've always considered her to be, and it didn't even require a skilled actor like Julianne Moore to do it. It was art perfectly imitating life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,998 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Stormwatch

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 07:55 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
wow 12 seconds, that's too much time out of anyone's life to spend on Sarah....sorry you had to go through that.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 08:56 am
She really revealed herself for the uninformed, folksy, ditzy person she is - at least outwardly.

The BIG question is why the McClain camp chose her. Did the movie give any hint as to why the Republicans thought she was a viable VP?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 09:00 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

She really revealed herself for the uninformed, folksy, ditzy person she is - at least outwardly.

The BIG question is why the McClain camp chose her. Did the movie give any hint as to why the Republicans thought she was a viable VP?

I think they knew they were sunk and were grasping at straws. I also think, and certainly the movie gives this impression, that McCain allowed it without much real thought or conviction.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 10:21 am
@PUNKEY,
Let's see, Republican governor from a western state, large family, anti abortion, motorcycle rider, hunter, corruption fighter reputation, woman, telegenic. No reason to think she would be a plus to a desparate campaign with that background.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 03:33 pm
@PUNKEY,
They weren't looking for a viable VP, they were looking for someone that they could use to win the election.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 04:03 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Saw it last night.

VERY disturbing.

I am not sure how much is true...and how much is fictional license...but no matter the mixture, anyone who does not come away feeling disturbed might want to feel for a pulse.

The fact that Palin could have ended up a heartbeat away from the Oval Office...a 70+ heartbeat away...is frightening.

But, there was Dan Quayle...and George W. Bush. So apparently the Republic is quite resilient.

Jesus...it was a disturbing film.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 04:30 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
How much of the movie was actually true?

Have any of the other people who were portrayed come forward to either deny or confirm any of the critical scenes? Like the "she might have a nervous breakdown" scene?

It would be interesting to see if any of the other people portrayed in the story could comment on the accuracy of the implications.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 08:37 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
It would be interesting to see if any of the other people portrayed in the story could comment on the accuracy of the implications.

I would love to hear form them.

If anyone reading here comes across anything along these lines...please let the rest of us know.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 09:58 am
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/Vox-News/2012/0309/Game-Change-How-accurate-is-the-movie-about-Sarah-Palin

http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/2012/0308/5-revelations-from-Game-Change/Elizabeth-Edwards-s-badgering-bullying-behavior

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/08/julianne-moore-game-change-strives-for-accuracy/

I think, btw, Julianne Moore was brilliant.

From the horses mouth
http://www.i4u.com/2012/03/steve-schmidt-calls-game-change-very-accurate-video

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:04 am
This one's a little harsher.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/03/the-story-of-sarah-palin.html
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 12:30 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Wow. Unless Schmidt had an ax to grind, then this is very damning confirmation.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 01:20 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Wow, I just listened to the full interview with Schmidt. He doesn't just confirm those scenes in the movie, he drives home the point about Palin's faults repeatedly. It's not just one nail in the coffin, he basically seals the lid and padlock's it down.

And then he throws the whole nominating process under the bus while using it as an explanation for a disastrous choice in VP nominee's. And Schmidt represents a conservative GOP advisor on their staff. I've heard some counter-spin on why Palin isn't as bad as they portray her, but it's very difficult to un-spin comments as damning as those by Schmidt.
0 Replies