Another suggestion

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 02:40 pm
Not a complaint, just a suggestion, but why not combine My Topics and My Posts. In other respects however I find these two links very valuable, even moreso than in the typical purchased software

PS: for some reason when I go to Start a Discussion when I begin to compose the post I am switched to Ask a Question, an obvious glitch

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 02:55 pm
@dalehileman,
All you have to do is click on the Discussion tab and it toggles from the Ask a Question to the Start a Discussion form.

As for your suggestion to combine the My Topics and My Posts, that is a specific feature members of A2K have asked for and use frequently.

Why would you want to combine them? They have entirely different functions. One lists the topics you've initiated while the other lists the posts you've written regardless of who initiated the topic.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 03:27 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oh yes of course thanks Fly I realize that but the toggling happens at first without my asking so if I don’t watch out my post gets placed in the wrong forum

No big thing, not a criticism, only mean to be helpful, good work and thanks for a?k

Quote:
Why would you want to combine them?
Avoid switching back and forth between. Not criticizing, not a big issue, only a suggestion, I mean no harm

Incidentally when I went to edit this very post I again was unable to scroll. Not a major problem you understand, I realize the down arrow can be used instead, don’t fret about it, it’s a minor glitch, I only mean to help, no undertones of any sort, I love you and your site, it’s most excellent
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 03:47 pm
@dalehileman,

you can also Start a Discussion or Ask a Question from the quick links at the bottom of every page...
dalehileman

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 03:50 pm
@Region Philbis,
Reg I presume you mean Related TopicsYes thank you I’ll have to look into that someday
roger

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 03:55 pm
@Region Philbis,
Hey, I didn't know that.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 03:59 pm
@roger,

me neither.
i think they work better than the tabs on the home page...
dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 04:00 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Reg I presume you mean Related TopicsYes thank you I’ll have to look into that someday

No, he doesn't.

He means what he said.

The feature is to the left of page, UNDER Related topics. Under the heading Quick Links.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 04:02 pm
@Region Philbis,
those are the only tabs i ever use, i never go to the home page
dalehileman

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 09:16 am
@djjd62,
Thanks fellas fr hour concerns
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 09:19 am
@dalehileman,
There's a difference between the two:

My topics = the topics you have initiated yourself.

My posts = all the threads you've posted to, including those which you started yourself.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 09:48 am
@msolga,
Aha! thank you once again Ms
0 Replies