Is the rationing of healthcare ethical?

roger

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 05:49 pm
@demonhunter,
Yes.

Ethics might become an issue when deciding how to ration, but not whether to.
Fido

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 09:19 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Yes.

Ethics might become an issue when deciding how to ration, but not whether to.
the whole question is unethical and based upon the conclusion that it is moral for a fraction to privatize the commonwealth, work us to death, relocate our jobs to other states or countries under the presumption that it is immoral to take our money and country back.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 09:55 pm
@roger,
Anyone who does not believe health care is now rationed has their head up their ass... every day life and death decisions are made by providers and consumers of health care based upon direct cost, availability, and related costs... health care costs keep government, providers, and conumers on the virge of bankruptcy, and many individuals every year go bust for their health. . How many deny themselves proper care when it might help for the welfare of their family? The poor die of many diseases the more affluent survive.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2012 04:27 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
EXcuse ME??? I recognize that capitalism survives on the exploitation of the environment and of people, many of whom are found in the third world...
My apologies - I just checked back, and found that I confused you with TurningEquivalent
Fido

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 07:49 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Quote:
EXcuse ME??? I recognize that capitalism survives on the exploitation of the environment and of people, many of whom are found in the third world...
My apologies - I just checked back, and found that I confused you with TurningEquivalent
How could you??? I have my hydrant and he has his...
0 Replies

honitel

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 07:26 pm
@djjd62,
I do hope every country has that universal healthcare!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 07:47 pm
@roger,
That should be the last word, Roger. Right on.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 08:07 pm
@demonhunter,
The answer is no, because it should not be necessary. We could easily cut our health care costs to a third or a fourth of what they are by simple trust-busting steps, the most major such requirement being tort rereform. Of course to do that we'd have to outlaw and ban the demoKKKrat party but, then, we need to do that anyhow.
0 Replies