Idiots....There's Lots Of Them

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:09 am
This morning someone said that nowhere in the constitution did it mention separation of church and state and put forward that the constitution meant to separate the government from the church but not the church from the government. That's what has hijacked the GOP, at one time a party of fairly sensible people even if they had different ideologies than liberals. I told him and provided a link that no where in the 6th. Amendment does it say you have the right to a fair trial either in those exact two words.. No response. This is becoming so fucked up it's not even worth arguing about anymore. No one will listen (on either political or religious side) because no one WANTS TO.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 882 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Fido

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:17 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
If they want to institute a theocracy, then let them try; and they might have a chance because they are violent and criminal, but they should take a lesson from the Ante-bellum South, and not start anything they are unable to finish..
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:22 am
I think part of the strategy of the religious right has been to marry gun ownership with patriotism and Christianity to insure the people who will take to the streets to help with the establishment of a christian Theocracy in America will be, along with the military, who will follow orders, the ones with all the guns. Part of the ongoing development of their plan they've been working on for 40 years. Church and State same thing, that's the plan.

Barry Goldwater, father of modern conservatism would be a RINO heretic today.

"I am a conservative Republican, but I believe in democracy and the separation of church and state. The conservative movement is founded on the simple tenet that people have the right to live life as they please as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process."
(in a 1994 Washington Post essay)
"The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others,"
"I don't have any respect for the Religious Right."
"Every good Christian should line up and kick Jerry Falwell's ass."
"A woman has a right to an abortion."
Fido

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 08:56 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Peace on Earth... Good will toward Men...

As Jesus said: Do not fear Earthlings, I will not harm you... My followers will take care of that...
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:01 am
@Fido,
Peace Sells....But Who's Buying? Megadeath.
Fido

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:04 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Peace smells if you got the power, but you only have eight hours to make them bleed...
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 06:22 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Religious government? Are we going the way of Israel and Iran. These two countries worship the same god and still fight each other to a standstill. I think the U.S. is already half way there.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 10:25 pm
@RABEL222,
It's very simple; the founders established the first amendment to have religious freedom and freedom from religion.

It's a very simple concept until the conservatives began pushing their religious beliefs into our politics.

Most Americans don't understand the 1st amendment to the Constitution.

Nobody can legislate morals or enforce religious morals on any one. It's the individual's choice to follow their church tenets or not. No church is allowed to interfere in private sexual matters, because there is no way to enforce them.

Rules are made to be broken - by many. If it doesn't harm anyone else, it's nobody else's business.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 12:23 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Ron Paul.

David
Fido

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 06:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Ron Paul.

David
I voted Ron Paul... Not because he tells it like it is, but because he tells it like he thinks it is, and that puts him way ahead of the other candidates... All the rest have pushed themselves so far right to get the radical republican vote that they have queered their ability to capture the independent vote...
0 Replies