Car Kitsch

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 09:48 am
No. I absolutely hate bumper stickers. They only belong on sh!tboxes.

However, when I was in high school I used to purposely dress my car(s) in stupid things. Chuck E' Cheese bumper stickers, band-aids on the rust spots, ect. Yea...I couldn't get laid then.
0 Replies

billy falcon

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 10:04 am
Good topic. Funny.
However, it is spelled "KITSCH''
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 12:29 pm
Thanks billy, my bad...

I had a friend who drove an old hearse. She kept a mannequin/dummy in the passenger seat. The looks she got while driving were priceless.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 04:56 pm
My grandmother did the same thing. She put a mannequin there so that potential muggers and car-jackers would think she had protection.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:05 am
Surprised?
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/package.jsp?name=news/drivingdistraction/drivingdistraction&floc=wn-ns

I wasn't.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 11:15 am
Sheeeeze, Ceili. That was supposed to be a new topic. My bad.

Never had a bumper sticker in my life, but if I should, it would read:

Hat Shippins!
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 11:15 pm
I have a wobbling ninja on the dash. It was very annoying at first and my passengers are always annoyed by it but I've gotten used to it. I don't even notice it anymore.
I also have chrome petals. Not good on rainy days when my shoes are wet. Very slippery. Also got chrome plate borders.
I used to have an air freshener that was so strong that I put the cap back on it and just poked a small hole trough the cap.

I had xenon blue-tinted fog lights but then blew out in about a month. They just don't last. I will have to replace them with regular lights.

I don't like bumper or window stickers. Makes the car look cheaper.
One accessory I want to get is a shifter I saw that makes a nice metalic noise when shifting. And a nice sounding exhaust.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:47 am
ye110man wrote:
I don't like bumper or window stickers. Makes the car look cheaper. quote]

That was pretty funny, after reading about the rest of your car.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:01 am
my Yugo has a bumber sticker that says "my other car is a Yugo"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:14 am
The only thing I have is one of the cool little good-luck dealies from ehBeth (ceramic, intricate knotting, fringe) hanging from the mirror. Thassit.

I admit to liking the vases new(er) VW Bugs have. A friend of mine had a yellow one and always kept fresh yellow daisies or sunflowers in her vase. Cutesy, but it worked for her.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:52 am
The only "decoration" in my car is on the driver's seat.

Me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 12:03 pm
I have a window sticker that says "Hunters and Anglers, Environmentalism Without Fanatacism". Other than that unadorned. One thing I cannot stand is people who hang crystals from their rearview. Like cell phones, these things should be banned (from cars).

Another thing you see around here alot is asians with these sometimes giant frescoes hanging from the mirror. I suppose they are for good luck, but what they do is impede the view of already challenged drivers.
0 Replies

billy falcon

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 07:33 am
I remember seeing VW bugs with a huge wind-up key mounted on the trunk lid.

And how about the body kits for VW bugs?
Made them look like MGs and other makes.
I got really suckered in by a VW I saw in Germany.
It was made to look like a Ferrari.
0 Replies