• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,326 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 06:43 am
In answer to your topic's question, "Yes! I am comfortable with risk."

13% of 65+ age-related deaths are caused by people putting their socks on in the morning!

Now, unless I take a craving for walking about with moses sandals for the rest of my life, then I guess that putting my socks on in the morning will continue to be a risky business!
0 Replies

Prince El

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 08:31 pm
when you take risks, you commit mistakes and if you are sensitive, you will learn from those mistakes. i say, risk is real necessary if you want to make it big in life
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 08:47 pm
Let's see...walking away from a full benefits corporate job right out of college to sell used cars with zero benefits and $100 weekly salary.

Leaving used car dealership making more money than most people do, to go into outside sales thinking I'll probably make less or the same.

Yes, I'm comfortable with risk.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:48 am
The link is available only to subscribers.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 10:56 am
I watched a documentary once that put the word risk in a whole new light for me.

It was about a young man, maybe 25 who was a competive rock climber.

While showing footage of him hanging to the verticle side of a cliff, WAY high up, he was narrating in the backgrownd.

He said he was NOT a risk taker. He said it more elequently that I could, but in a nutshell he said he NEVER moves a muscle unless he is absolutely sure of his next foothold, handhold, ability of a specific part of his body needed to perform the next function. This is for EVERY move, even the ones that to him would be very easy. When you are that high up, there is no simple move. He said any move could put him in danger unless he was absolutely sure and prepared.

Each persons interpretation of risk in their lives is different. It changes (or should change) in response to the environment you find yourself in, not just where you want to go...

As far as work, one thing I ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE is good health insurance. My husband has a heart condtion and I would not "risk" his continuance of care for anything.

Because I am unwilling to put another at risk, I must be careful in how I handle my career.

Slappy = Used car salesman. Why am I not surprised? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 11:06 am
I will take calculated risks. Everything has a certain degree of risk, but by doing your research you can take a calculated risk and feel more comfortable doing so.

Recently my husband and I took out a second mortgage to start a new business. After doing thorough research using experts in the business - including CPAs and getting advice from other business owners, we decided to take the leap and make a calculated risk.
0 Replies