Political Ad Falls Victim To "Political Correctness"

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 01:57 pm
I was on another thread when a reference was made to a political ad by "Move On". Seems that CBS refused to air this ad during the Super Bowl, because they claimed that it was too controversal.

http://www.moveon.org/cbs/ad/

My husband and I started talking about an ad that we had remembered from the Johnson/Goldwater Campaign. I did a little sleuthing, and came up with this:

http://www.ammi.org/cgi-bin/video/years.cgi?1964,all,300,,D,,#

The site has many of the ads from the campaigns, which you can view.
The Move On Ad is playing patty cake, compared to the Johnson ad, IMO. What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 611 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 02:12 pm
I think CBS's reason was not to show a political ad during the game, not that the Move On ad was to controversial, no?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 02:26 pm
Brand X- Who knows what thir motivations were? Some people are saying that CBS did not want to mix Super Bowl fun, with politics. Others are saying that the Bush people have CBS in their pocket. The point that I was attempting to make was that the move on ad was really innocuous, as compared to the Johnson ad.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 07:45 pm
I love that ad. Too bad more people couldn't see it.

By the way, I like the "We'll Bury You" ad. And Margaret Chase is one horrible public speaker...
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 05:57 pm
Phoenex,
I have been seeing that ad on tv a lot lately. I don't see the big deal about it. It tells like it is in my opinion.

I always thought CBS was kinda leftist? Fox sure goes on about them enough for me to think so. They can't say enough about the jackson flash thing during the super bowl and how CBS aught to have to pay for it.
0 Replies