USA-backed coup d'etat

pistoff

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:53 pm
Quote:
WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Bush 2 administration officials again seeking to stimulate a regime change in Venezuela -- question is no longer IF, but WHEN!

VHeadline.com editor & publisher Roy S. Carson writes: Sources in Washington D.C. have revealed that Bush 2 administration officials are again seeking to "stimulate" a regime change in Venezuela after a USA-backed coup d'etat against democratically-elected President Hugo Chavez Frias failed when US puppet dictator Pedro Carmona Estanga moved to dissolve parliament, the judiciary and the constitution in one fell swoop.

Our sources (which must remain confidential, but have been verified) say that Venezuelan nationals, recruited on the promise of fast-track US citizenship and benefits, have been trained in the arts of USA terror tactics at the US Army School of Americas-SOA (renamed 3 years ago as the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation-WHISC) at Fort Benning (Georgia) were relocated to training camps at Iquitos in the northern jungles of Peru under the direction of US Southern Command (Latin America & Caribbean) regional HQ at Fort Buchanan (San Juan, Puerto Rico).

SOA/WHISC commanders are said to be "smarting" over their failure to impose a US-backed military/civilian dictatorship in Venezuela in April 2002 when democratically-elected President Hugo Chavez Frias was swiftly returned to power after US-puppet dictator Pedro Carmona Estanga dissolved parliament, the judiciary and Venezuela's constitution in one fell swoop. Carmona Estanga was not able to control the massive surge against him as millions of Venezuelans took to the streets repudiating his imposition and demanding the return of reformist Chavez Frias.

http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=14775

As I have said in other posts The US Govt. does not beleive in Democracy. They have not done so in the past and will not in the future.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 639 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 06:12 am
have to join to see that article, Pistoff.

It is certainly a habit of the US to "stimulate" regime changes.

Any other sources of info?
0 Replies

Noahs Hard Left Hook

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 08:57 am
Anybody ever seriously wonder why there are no or seemingly have not coup d'etats in the USA? Would there be any events in US history that forced the type of change that an out-and-out [military] coup would have in terms of a serious change in national consciousness/identity with resultant policies?

I mean seriously... I have my theories...
but I'm just wondering if anybody else has ever seriously thought about it.

Quote:
I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.

Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much.

It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government. -- Thomas Jefferson

What "little rebellions" have we had? One's that sparked "regime" change?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 04:06 pm
There was a Coupe in the USA
The Neo Fascists in the last election.

Re: Venezuala go to a search engine and type in that word.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 04:12 pm
dlowan wrote:
It is certainly a habit of the US to "stimulate" regime changes.

Yes. I think we had our own little "regime change" her in Oz in the mid-70s with a little help from the US.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 04:12 pm
And to think...

...the one nation that truly needs "regime change"...

...he won't do anything about.

Maybe that is because it is the United States.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 04:21 pm
Re: USA-backed coup d'etat
It doesnt justify sending in SOA-trained guerrillas, but let's not forget that Chavez is a nasty piece of work, too.

Quote:
Carmona Estanga was not able to control the massive surge against him as millions of Venezuelans took to the streets repudiating his imposition and demanding the return of reformist Chavez Frias.

Millions have also taken to the streets to demand the ouster of Chavez.
0 Replies