Gmail Problems

gollum

Reply Sat 25 Feb, 2012 08:58 am
In other e-mail systems such as AOL and Lotus Notes, when you send and receive e-mails from and to the same person, a chain of appended e-mails is created with the most recent at the top and the oldest at the bottom.

Also the older e-mails can be accessed in your Inbox and Sent Mail. Say person A sent an e-mail to person B who then sent an e-mail back to person A and this cycle repeated for a total of 10 exchanges. Both A and B would have five e-mail streams in his/her inbox and five in sent mail. The top item in the inbox would have 10 appended emails, the next down eight, next six and so forth.

In Gmail only one entry remains in my Inbox and one in sent mail. True, that one entry contains all the appended emails. Is there a way to get Gmail to retain the e-mails so you would have five entries in my Inbox and five to Sent Mail?

Also I find that the order of the e-mails in the chain is not always from most recent to the oldest. Is there a way to keep them in order?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,432 • Replies: 0
No top replies