H2O MAN

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 08:02 am

Obama versus Obama

By Neal Boortz

I couldn’t stomach watching Caesar Obammus deliver his speech on the budget. But I did read the transcript. And while I was reading, I kept going back and checking if I was reading the right speech …… Obummer’s speech yesterday in Virginia sounded awfully familiar. Then it hit me. Barack Obama’s speech yesterday was nothing more than a re-hashing of his class warfare State of the Union address. In fact, it was almost verbatim. Don’t believe me? We’ve done the work for you! Just take a look …

Obama’s budget speech: We can settle for a country where a few people do really, really well, and everybody else struggles to get by. Or we can restore an economy where everybody gets a fair shot, everybody does their fair share, everybody plays by the same set of rules -- from Washington to Wall Street to Main Street. That’s the America we believe in.

Obama’s State of the Union: We can either settle for a country where a shrinking number of people do really well, while a growing number of Americans barely get by. Or we can restore an economy where everyone gets a fair shot, and everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same set of rules.

Whatever in the world would Obama do without the word “fair?” The word has been extensively focus-group tested, and virtually everyone likes it. Who, after all, doesn’t want to be fair? So in the world of political sound bites just throw that word out there and the dumb masses start nodding their heads. These statistics are so old I hesitate to even mention them again .. but the top 1% of income earners earn about 19% of all income. They pay 40% of all income taxes. Obama says they’re not paying their “fair share.” What do you think?

Moving on:

Obama’s budget speech: So an economy built to last demands that we keep doing everything we can to help students learn the skills that businesses are looking for … But it also means we've got to renew the American values of fair play and shared responsibility.

Obama’s State of the Union: A return to the American values of fair play and shared responsibility will help us protect our people and our economy. But it should also guide as we look to pay down our debt and invest in our future.

Shared responsibility? How much of the responsibility for covering the expenses of our government are being paid by the 50% of working Americans who pay no income tax whatsoever?

Obama’s budget speech: You’ve heard me say it -- Warren Buffett pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. That’s not fair. It doesn’t make sense at a time when we've got to pull together to get the country moving.

Obama’s State of the Union: Right now, Warren Buffett pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Do we want to keep these tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans? Or do we want to keep our investments in everything else – like education and medical research; a strong military and care for our veterans? Because if we're serious about paying down our debt, we can't do both.

Here we have Obama playing on the ignorance of the American people. Amazingly, the bulk of the ObamaMedia continues to allow him to get away with this. Buffett pays capital gains taxes. His secretary pays income taxes. The capital gains tax rate is 15%. His secretary makes enough to be in the 35% tax rate. If she realizes any capital gains she will pay exactly the same tax rate on that income that Buffett pays. This is just flat-out dishonest political rhetoric.

Obama’s budget speech: And we don’t begrudge success in America; we aspire to it. Everybody here -- I want everybody here to go out there and do great. I want you to make loads of money if you can. That’s wonderful. And we expect people to earn it -- study hard, work hard for it. So we don’t envy the wealthy. But we do expect everybody to do their fair share, so that everybody has opportunity, not just some.

Obama’s State of the Union: We don't begrudge financial success in this country. We admire it. When Americans talk about folks like me paying my fair share of taxes, it's not because they envy the rich. It's because they understand that when I get a tax break I don't need and the country can't afford, it either adds to the deficit, or somebody else has to make up the difference … They know that this generation's success is only possible because past generations felt a responsibility to each other, and to the future of their country, and they know our way of life will only endure if we feel that same sense of shared responsibility..

Now this is an interesting concept. People won’t have opportunity if we don’t raise taxes on the rich? So now we have Obama telling the dumb masses that they will be robbed of their opportunity to succeed in America if the rich don’t pay more taxes. Sweeeeeet.

Obama’s budget speech: Some people go around, they say, well, the President is engaging in class warfare. That’s not class warfare. That’s common sense. That’s common sense.

Obama’s State of the Union
: Now, you can call this class warfare all you want. But asking a billionaire to pay at least as much as his secretary in taxes? Most Americans would call that common sense.

Buffett pays far more than his secretary in taxes. Notice how Obama moved smoothly from tax rate to taxes paid. Will the ObamaMedia recognize this little rhetorical shift? Well, even if they do they won’t report it. Remember ---- over 90% of the reporters, producers and executives that make up the mainstream Washington and New York press corps will be voting for Obama in November. They are going to do all they can to promote his reelection. If that means ignoring his obvious lies, his clear distortions and narrative sleight-of-hands … so be it.

All in all …it’s really insulting; at least to those not educated by the government. The least Obama could do as he subjects us to his class warfare rhetoric is to come up with a few new lines.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,597 • Replies: 1
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 07:00 am

Barack Obama’s speech was nothing more than a re-hashing of his class
warfare State of the Union address. In fact, it was almost verbatim.
0 Replies