What type of washer & dryer do you have?

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 11:11 am
I’m thinking of getting the little woman a new washer and dryer, does anyone know the pro and cons of the front loaders? A friend of mine told me she had a front loader and hated it. She claimed there were problems with mildew on the front loader.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,577 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 12:34 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
Welcome to a2k, Priscilla.
I've read that a lot of people don't like front loading washing machines - I don't have any links right now. I have a medium priced set of GE machines, the washer top loading. My criterion was to have a machine with the capacity to handle washing a Queen sized comforter, or one of my cotton ' braided' rugs. I'm happy with my machines, and they are energy savers too. But - there are likely snazzier machines on the market now.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 12:56 pm
@ButchBitchPriscilla,
GE, top-loading. The front-loaders look way cooler, IMO, but I've heard the same things as you.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 01:15 pm
They don't have mildew problems if you run the sanitary cycle once in a while and wipe out the front door gasket, basically read the manual and do what it says. So many people don't. I wish I'd kept my top loader for somethings, like heavy blankets, the spin cycle was much stronger. Other than that, I like the front loaders a lot, I really appreciate the steam setting.
jespah

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 01:58 pm
@Ceili,
We have a top loader, I forget the brand. That thing will probably continue running past the Apocalypse. There will be weeping and waiting and gnashing of teeth and, apparently, clean sheets and towels.
0 Replies

David Anderson

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 06:22 am
I usually prefer LG, Whirlpool washer and dryer. Steam provides stain-removing power, offers sanitizing properties and has the ability to refresh and remove wrinkles from stale clothing.
0 Replies