Being a mom and starting Nursing school

koko29

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 12:52 pm
Hello,
I am a mom of two beautiful daughters age 2 and 4 and pregnant with my 3rd!
I will be starting school in June 2012 and my due date is August 2012..
I am not going to lie but I am nervous. I do have a very supportive husband that will watch the kids while I dedicate myself to nursing school but the fear of not giving my children the attention they deserve is killing me! My husband also works full time so we will be really busy here until at least I graduate!
Its something that I always wanted to do and figure probably better to do it now that my kids are little then wait to long so we can together my husband and I give them a confortable life once I start working! Any one else on the same boat as mine?? If yes , how do you manage to raise your kids, take care of the house and husband and get A's at school?? whats your motivation? I know we will do just fine but its nice to know that theres other people doing the same things as you! Thank you all! Wink

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 04:26 pm
I had two little ones and was pregnant with my third. It took me 6 years, all year round, to get my BA. I took one or two classes each term. By the time I was done, they were all in school. I took them to the university child care center for daycare when I was on campus.

I don't know if you can stretch your classes out that much, but at least start with something. You will have to complete those core classes anyway. Might as well start now.
koko29

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 04:32 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thank you!! Yes I will actually be transfering from a two and a half years college that I already have to a junior college to get my associates in nursing.
I still have to take some classes like Math, microbiology and a few more to get accepted to the program! I will also be taking my kids to the school day care if I have classes in the morning and taking two at the time! It sounds like a very nice plan!! thank you so much!
0 Replies