Is anyone up to the task?

Heywood

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:30 pm
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:56 pm
What Repugs do.
They twist reality to shape their own agenda.

The Iraq regime actually killed and tortured more people at the time the Repugs were supporting the regime than at any other time. To now bring up this from them is at the zenith of hypocrisy.

Under the Neo Fascists the defict of America is so high that it endangers world markets.

The unemployment rate is about 9% and more jobs were lost during this Neo Fascist Regime since H. Hoover.

The envirnment is in great danger with the Neo Fascist regime catering to Corporate poluters.

The world now overwhelmingly hates and fears America because the Neo Fascists are terrorists.

America is losing civil rights.

To be cont.
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 10:56 pm
Man, how anti-american can you get? Rolling Eyes

C'mon, I hate Bush and all that he is done, but you seem to be blaming nearly every problem in the world on not only our government, which doesn't all support Bush, but also America itself. There's paranoid, and then there's paranoid.

Belive it or not, but the government, might not just be put up there to steal our rights and make us all obediant slaves.

There is a possibility that the Bush regime is not run by some evil, insane doctor bent on the destruction on all those who are not "good ol' American boys".
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:11 am
D'artagnan wrote:
Your dismissal of the deaths in Iraq, both to US troops and to Iraqis, as a "small number" or "inconsequential" speaks volumes about your world view, McG. No rebuttal needed...

I second that.

I get the distinct impression (note: impression, not necessarily a truth, but an opinion based on my observations) that Bush really didn't anticipate the present situation. I think he expected Iraq to pretty much roll over and then corporate America could then enjoy the "spoils" of this war. But that didn't happen and now he's flip-flopped on his reasonings for going to war.

I don't dismiss the fact that Hussein was/is a brutal dictator who needed to be removed from power. I disagree with how his removal from power was done.

McGentrix If you believe the war on Iraq was justified because Hussein was removed from power, then why not do the same with North Korea to get rid of Kim Jong II? Or with any other brutal dictator? The one glaring difference is that Iraq has a valuable commodity (oil) and the others don't.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:21 am
caprice wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:
Your dismissal of the deaths in Iraq, both to US troops and to Iraqis, as a "small number" or "inconsequential" speaks volumes about your world view, McG. No rebuttal needed...

McGentrix If you believe the war on Iraq was justified because Hussein was removed from power, then why not do the same with North Korea to get rid of Kim Jong II? Or with any other brutal dictator? The one glaring difference is that Iraq has a valuable commodity (oil) and the others don't.

You are absolutely correct. Iraq has oil. Oil that it can sell to countries dispite the UN sanctions imposed against it. Oil that was being sold as a program to feed it's people, yet people starved and Saddam and his clan lived in palaces. Oil that can gaurantee veto's by certain nations on the UN security council, Oil that kept an evil regime in power.

Iraq has natural resources that can allow it to bypass any economic sanctions that the west can impart on it to try to gain control of a voliatile situation. North Korea does not. I also do not believe that our foreign policy should be even handed amongst our allies and enemies. You seem to think that because we have invaded Iraq, we should now invade N. Korea. That would be stupid. Economic sanctions are working very well against N. Korea. That is one of the reasons we do not apply our foriegn policy evenly. What works in one area of the world, would have no hope of working in a different part of the world.

You seem to miss that fact.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 10:25 am
McGentrix wrote:
Iraq has oil. Oil that it can sell to countries dispite the UN sanctions imposed against it. Oil that was being sold as a program to feed it's people, yet people starved and Saddam and his clan lived in palaces. Oil that can gaurantee veto's by certain nations on the UN security council, Oil that kept an evil regime in power.

You forgot to add:

Oil that the United States needs. Oil in amounts that we don't have. Oil to provide for those in power who come from Oil companies and love that "black gold". Oil that we will do nearly anything to secure, including going to war. Laughing
0 Replies