Rockhead
 
  2  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:11 pm
@ehBeth,
that has always been the position where I live.

0 Replies
 
slkshock7
 
  0  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycle wrote:
I do think it's true that Obama needs an overall narrative, but Romney has no more of one than Obama does. He has goals, but no details.

Details are not important as was amply proven in 2008 by Obama who won the presidency on vague promises of hope and change. It's who has a better argument for the NEXT four years. If Obama can't persuade an undecided that the last four years warrant another four then the best Obama can hope for is a tie. He will not stop Romney's momentum with a tie.
H2O MAN
 
  -4  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 03:28 pm


Honey Boo Boo endorses Barack Obama
0 Replies
 
cicerone imposter
 
  3  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 03:31 pm
@slkshock7,
You're a one-sided jock. The fact of the matter is, Obama did some, and didn't do others, but here are the facts.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/sep/01/barack-obamas-top-10-promises-broken-kept/

At least try to be fair.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's one of the big issues of our day; the inequality of income, and how that impacts any economy to grow.

I'm sure Romney has a magic wand to correct this inequality to create 12 million jobs.

From the NYT.
Quote:
Income Inequality May Take Toll on Economic Growth

Spencer Platt/Getty Images
A soup kitchen in Camden, New Jersey. Economists’ thinking on income inequality has changed sharply in recent years.
By ANNIE LOWREY
Published: October 16, 2012 48 Comments

WASHINGTON — Income inequality has soared to the highest levels since the Great Depression and the recession has done little to reverse the trend, with the top 1 percent of earners taking 93 percent of the income gains in the first full year of the recovery.

The yawning gap between the haves and the have-nots — and the political questions that gap has raised about the plight of the middle class — has given rise to anti-Wall Street sentiment and animated the presidential campaign. Now, a growing body of economic research suggests that it might mean lower levels of economic growth and slower job creation in the years ahead, as well.

“Growth becomes more fragile” in countries with high levels of inequality like the United States, said Jonathan D. Ostry of the International Monetary Fund, whose research suggests that the widening disparity since the 1980s might shorten the nation’s economic expansions by as much as a third.

Reducing inequality and bolstering growth, in the long run, might be “two sides of the same coin,” research published last year by the I.M.F. concluded.

In the United States, since the 1980s, rich households have earned a larger and larger share of overall income. The 1 percent earns about one-sixth of all income and the top 10 percent about half, according to statistics compiled by the respected economists Emmanuel Saez of the University of California, Berkeley, and Thomas Piketty of the Paris School of Economics.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  -4  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:18 pm
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c68.0.403.403/p403x403/564822_544456992238160_907654795_n.jpg
DrewDad
 
  7  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
Oh, god. Our village idiot has found his way home.
roger
 
  2  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:23 pm
@DrewDad,
Was he missing?
Cycloptichorn
 
  3  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:23 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

Cycle wrote:
I do think it's true that Obama needs an overall narrative, but Romney has no more of one than Obama does. He has goals, but no details.

Details are not important as was amply proven in 2008 by Obama who won the presidency on vague promises of hope and change. It's who has a better argument for the NEXT four years. If Obama can't persuade an undecided that the last four years warrant another four then the best Obama can hope for is a tie. He will not stop Romney's momentum with a tie.


What a joke. Obama had ten times the details for his proposals than Romney does currently. His health care plan in particular was quite detailed.

But, don't let facts get in the way of your opinions.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN
 
  -4  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:25 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Oh, god. Our village idiot has found his way home.


He will need to find his way home after Romney is sworn in
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  6  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:27 pm
@roger,
Missing, but not missed.
0 Replies
 
slkshock7
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI,
Try to keep up with the discussion ... we're talking about Obama's narrative for the debates tonight. If he's wise, he'll try to use some of these kept promises to build the case that he's a better bet for the next four years. I don't think he will though because it exposes him to the unkept promises on the list.

Therefore, instead of building a strong case to vote FOR him, he'll instead try to get folks to vote AGAINST Romney by repeating time and time again that Romney is lying. And if he does follow that strategy, he will at best tie Romney in tonight's debate.

Romney's momentum will continue to build ... Then four years from today you and I can talk about the top ten promises President Romney kept and didn't keep ...
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:42 pm
@slkshock7,
Who are you trying to bull ****? You wrote,
Quote:
Details are not important as was amply proven in 2008 by Obama who won the presidency on vague promises of hope and change.


What Romney promises are you talking about? He's covered both side of every important issue in this campaign. They're not calling him "itch a sketch" for nothing.
H2O MAN
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:56 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

CI,
Try to keep up with the discussion ... we're talking about Obama's narrative for the debates tonight. If he's wise, he'll try to use some of these kept promises to build the case that he's a better bet for the next four years. I don't think he will though because it exposes him to the unkept promises on the list.

Therefore, instead of building a strong case to vote FOR him, he'll instead try to get folks to vote AGAINST Romney by repeating time and time again that Romney is lying. And if he does follow that strategy, he will at best tie Romney in tonight's debate.

Romney's momentum will continue to build ... Then four years from today you and I can talk about the top ten promises President Romney kept and didn't keep ...


Agreed!
0 Replies
 
slkshock7
 
  0  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclo wrote:
Obama had ten times the details for his proposals than Romney does currently. His health care plan in particular was quite detailed.


BS ... The only specifics in Obama's health care plan were in his goals ... that he was going to cover everyone, reduce costs for everyone, and nobody would be inconvenienced or lose their existing coverage. The details on how he would pay the bill for health coverage was simply a vague plan about cost containment, elimination of fraud and even vaguer promises about the plan being deficit-neutral.

In 2008, Obama smartly did not include any specifics which might be controversial and cost him votes. Romney is smart to do the same.
slkshock7
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"itch a sketch"????

He's following Obama's script from 2008. Make the election about the record of the current president. Allow undecideds to build their own impression of you. Lay out a compelling vision of better days. Appear level-headed and even-handed but avoid any specifics.

When push comes to shove, undecided voters will have to determine if they want four more years like the last, or would like to see a change. As long as he appears like a reasonable person to lead the country, Romney will likely win that undecided's vote.
0 Replies
 
jcboy
 
  4  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:26 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Oh, god. Our village idiot has found his way home.


You have to give him a little credit. It only took him eight months to figure out his computer wasn’t connected to the internet. Razz
H2O MAN
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:34 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

DrewDad wrote:

Oh, god. Our village idiot has found his way home.


You have to give him a little credit. It only took him eight months to figure out his computer wasn’t connected to the internet. Razz


But it took him more than 2 years to locate the White House computer and he still has problems figuring out how to use his Blackberry.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:36 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

Cyclo wrote:
Obama had ten times the details for his proposals than Romney does currently. His health care plan in particular was quite detailed.


BS ... The only specifics in Obama's health care plan were in his goals



No, THAT'S bs. His plans were specific enough to be scored by various groups; Romney's are not. The two simply are not comparable.

Obama should absolutely pin Romney tonight on the reason he's hiding his specifics: because he's a liar and has no intention of cutting deductions for the wealthy in any way. The GOP Congress certainly has no intention of doing so, and Romney made his personal fortune by exploiting every loophole in the book and apparently creating new ones. Why should the American voters trust someone to do the exact opposite of the very thing that enriched them?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:40 pm



https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/423216_10150705318284776_683050145_n.jpg
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
So....Will Biden Be VP? - Question by blueveinedthrobber
My view on Obama - Discussion by McGentrix
Obama/ Love Him or Hate Him, We've Got Him - Discussion by Phoenix32890
Obama fumbles at Faith Forum - Discussion by slkshock7
Expert: Obama is not the antichrist - Discussion by joefromchicago
Obama's State of the Union - Discussion by maxdancona
Demand a plan - Discussion by H2O MAN
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Obama 2012?
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/03/2020 at 09:22:56