Pants that fit a man

Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 03:57 pm
What is the deal with pants that do not fit men? I am not talking about the "pants on the ground" thingy where a guy intentially wears his pants low so we can all view his attractive under garments.

I am talking of the larger men - those that wear their pants low I am guessing because they don't fit right because of their girth. Are their pants that fit a man of a larger girth? Is there a reason besides fit that these men wear their pants below the waistline where you can view more than you want. And how the heck do the pants stay there?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:18 pm
@Linkat,
I have no idea whatever. I'm skinny as a rail, have a 32-inch waist, always wear my pants right at the waistline, with a belt to keep them in place (men have no hips to speak of that could hold the pants in place without such a belt). I don't understand why any man would wish to embarass himself by allowing his underwear to show or why he'd wish to wear them so low there's a danger of 'em slipping right over his buttocks. In other words, Linkat, I'm sorry I can't help you in your search for truth.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:20 pm
@Linkat,
Suspenders..
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:23 pm
@Linkat,
You want them to wear something like this?

http://pwwwblog.ibeatyou.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/32688-wearing_beer_belly_accomodating_overalls_summer_nbsp_burp.jpg
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah but that is rare to see these men with suspenders. I see them with belts - but am amazed they stay just below the waist just enough so I can view stuff I don't want to - but like a car wreck I can't look away. Maybe also in amazement that they don't slip downward toward the ankles.

I think we should find a solution to this pants afflicted individuals ..
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:27 pm
@CalamityJane,
I can't view that -
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:30 pm
@CalamityJane,
I did a search - are you talking about the overalls with the belly area cut out so that we can all view that? Not sure which is more disturbing - the belly or the butt viewing.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:39 pm
you mean pants that are below the belly like this ? -

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lY522navrlc/Spt_0Vz3WkI/AAAAAAAAAjI/l7WWAVcPRj8/s400/dc50.JPG
roger

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:43 pm
@Linkat,
Ahem!

If you are significantly larger in the middle than at the hips, they are going to slide down, just like trying to put a belt on a pear. What you need are pants that fit immediately above the hips so they have a solid structure upon which to fasten a belt. The nominal waist size is distinctly less than the arbitrary waist measurement.

Fortunately, The North Face produces a model that fits somewhere around the hip, without having the crotch hanging near the hips. The design is called the Mt. Rainier. It is even possible to dismount a bicycle without the crotch hanging up on the saddle horn.

What else you want to know?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:47 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
What else you want to know?

I think you've said too much already, rog.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:48 pm
@roger,
Thank you - I had to look up the Mt Rainer pants. By the way is the desciption written by Mr. Peterman?

http://www.zappos.com/the-north-face-mens-mt-rainier-pant
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:52 pm
@shewolfnm,
Yeah - but not so much the belly showing.

Here is the story. There is a man here at work - don't really know him - and he seems very nice, one of the few that has appropriate manners holding the door and such. But he has a wide girth. And although well-dressed, his pants are significantly lower than the should be. He does have it such that his shirt is long enough and tucked in - in a such a way that you cannot view anything that you should not.

As I was walking behind him today, I noticed how impossibly low these pants were and they were belt and how amazing that they stayed where they did.

So I wondered - isn't there a nice pair of pants that can fit a nice man like this appropriately and be comfortable.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:55 pm
@Linkat,
linkat wrote:
So I wondered - isn't there a nice pair of pants that can fit a nice man like this appropriately and be comfortable.

Dunno why it didn't occur to me to ask this earlier: why, exactly, are you wondering about such things? I prob'ly see the same sort of thing every day and never give it a second thought.
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:56 pm
@roger,
How do they stay there - after they slip below the belly - how do they just stay there and not slip further. Unlike our other friend here I am fasinated by odd things.
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I have no idea. But I wonder about such things - maybe it is my vivid imagination.

But you did take the time to answer - so you must be wondering yourself now that I brought it up. Can't wait until you walk behind some one in this situation..you will be staring and wondering.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:59 pm
@Linkat,
No, they do not just stay there. Andy is right. TMI
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 04:59 pm
@Linkat,
here is the problem with pants that 'fit' a big man... The seam for the crotch? rides where it shouldnt

at least..
thats what I have been told..
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 05:02 pm
@shewolfnm,
Can't there then be pants that are adjusted at the crotch....I don't know this guy so I can't ask him - I wonder if that would get me into trouble if I were ask him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 05:04 pm
What about the Big and Tall store, is that still around? Did they have varying pants for big of various proportions?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 05:19 pm
i get it.

i think the same thing. i bet, if they got the pants tailored to THEM, it wouldnt be an issue.. but I do not know many people either man OR woman who do that...
0 Replies