David Kay a Repub Shill.

pistoff

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 03:27 pm
But it's the blatant conflict of interest that's the most important aspect of Kay's role in peddling the lie of Saddam's WMDs, through his relationship to SAIC ('conveniently' terminated last October) and of SAIC's relationship to the Iraqi Reconstruction and Development Council, which is wholy owned by this US defense corporation! A corporation which also has contracts to supply services to the Department of Homeland Security.

This is the reality of the 21st century mercenary, where the administration of an occupied country has been handed over, lock, stock and barrel to a company and also through a sub-contract from Vinnell Corp, another mercenary outfit hired by the US government to 'police' Iraq.

What the investigation of David Kay reveals is the incestuous and utterly corrupt, interlocking relationship that exists between defense corporations, the Pentagon, right-wing ideologues and the USUK governments at the highest level, that makes any assertions made by Kay, Bush or Blah not worth the paper they're written on. With billions of dollars of contracts being handed out to corporations that are also involved via people such as Kay and who try and justify the policies that make such contracts possible, is crime of monstrous proportions. A crime that the media ignores completely. This is the real story, and the media need to be called to task for failing to report it.

The site:
http://www.williambowles.info/ini/ini-0105.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 464 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Noahs Hard Left Hook

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 04:33 pm
Pistoff...

I remember David Kay as one of the so-called experts that perhaps several cable news channels consulted about the war - before and/or during. I recall he was decidely pro-war and pro-administration but don't recall him having any claim to fame (as in representing a major think tank or being a former high gov't/military official). He was just another cheerleader in a suit from what I remember. So, I have been somewhat surprised by his confessions.

Now, this idea that "we were duped" really reflects bad on us and the much vaunted "intelligence" we supposedly had that was our supposed "smoking gun" evidence that Iraq/Saddam WDM's posed a real, viable threat...

It's really pretty sad... All the media does is relay info. straight from the administrations mouth and hardly ever question let alone self-verify assertions made by the administration on their own. The media has been "embedded" with the Administration throughout the whole process.

The war coverage, etc. sounds like a gossip column. He said, she said... And that's about it. No investigation into what is being asserted... just here's what he said.... then here's what they said. THE END!

Great journalism if you ask me! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 06:16 am
Media
Most of the Media are Repug suckups.
0 Replies