Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 03:28 am
Questions and answers discussing anything in general, or on your mind to better get to know one another...

Remember Anything goes...

I will get it started....What is you favorite book? Why?

What is your favorite movie? Why?

Do you like sports? What sports? What teams?

What is your ideal companion? Why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,386 • Replies: 23
No top replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 03:32 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
My favorite movies are The Titanic, Armageddon, and The Rock...

I am a sports nut...everything but soccer...

My favorite teams, are the San Fran Giants, and Lincecum is my favorite player...Ny Jets, and Detroit red wings...

My ideal companion is a women, who completes my intellect as well as loins...but she is slender, dark haired, dark eyed, straight or curly hair...5-4 to 5-6 build...athletic type....Intelligent...and I love the Italian women!!!
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 08:04 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

I don't have one. I read enough, but I can't honestly say that I could tell you my favorite. I could probably give an answer, but it would be me summoning the title of the most impressive book I've read, not necessarily my favorite.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

The movie I've watched the most is A Life Less Ordinary. It's an older Danny Boyle film, and it's an utterly absurd plot that makes for really creative storytelling. Not sure it's still my favorite. The Graduate may trump it.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Go Pack Go (next year)
DC United

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Someone tolerant of my less charming moments. All other qualities are negotiable.

A
R
T
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 08:21 am
@failures art,
thanks for the first response....I like them indeed...Sucks for the packers...I hate the Giants big time....and I am a Jets fan, as I said, SO I HATE Brady, and the patriots also...lol

And yes, I agree if you meet someone who is a companion all other qualities are negotiable too...

For I do not believe the perfect women will ever just fall out of the sky!! Wink Wink Wink Very Happy
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 08:28 am
@failures art,
Do you play fantasy sports??
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 08:55 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Favorite book, Primo Levi's Reawakening

I like sports as a spectator from afar. SF 49ers, a new batch of golfers like Rory McIlroy; in tennis, Federer and Nadal; no particular team in baseball but some players; learning about soccer/futbol. Have played and enjoy fantasy football and baseball.

One of my favorite movies, Fellini's Amarcord. Why? The way the director made it.

Ideal companion? Various humans, but the steady one is a dog.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 09:24 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
What is you favorite book? Why?
there are some books i read again every few years, The Land of Laughs, The Martian Chronicles, Watership Down and The Man Who Fell to Earth
two of my faves, A Clockwork Orange and Mr. Hulot's Holiday
not much
my Ipod Touch and my Nextbook, because they rarely let me down
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 10:03 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Do you play fantasy sports??

I play bike polo... so by some people's standards, yes.

A
R
T
Roberta

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 01:35 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Questions and answers discussing anything in general, or on your mind to better get to know one another...

Remember Anything goes...

Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. It reveals and the power of the human mind and soul. Gripping and emotionally charged. I wish I could have read it in the original Russian. I studied Russian for a while for that reason. No go.

This is harder to answer. Maybe To Kill a Mockingbird. I loved the book, but the movie came alive for me because of Gregory Peck. The ideal man in less than ideal circumstances. He was brilliant. I also very much like 12 Angry Men. Perfect casting. Not a dud in the bunch.

Yes, I like sports. I'm from the Bronx and could hear the crowds at Yankee Stadium in my apartment. I like the Yankees, the Giants, and the Knicks. I'm not a big hockey fan, but I'll take the Rangers if I gotta take somebody.

No such thing.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 02:58 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Yes, I like sports. I'm from the Bronx and could hear the crowds at Yankee Stadium in my apartment. I like the Yankees, the Giants, and the Knicks. I'm not a big hockey fan, but I'll take the Rangers if I gotta take somebody.

I can not stand the Yankees, but it has to do with the fact they always win!! Wink Wink Wink Very Happy I have never been to a pro game....and would bet hearing the Yankee crowds is an awesome thing indeed, but I bet you get sick of it sometimes huh??

I have Lundqvist as one of my goaltenders on my fantasy team, and him and quick are keeping my team a float!!

Thanks so much to all others for their reply....interesting to hear from others, about other things indeed!!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 02:59 pm
@Roberta,

Quote:
No such thing.

Why do you feel this way? This makes me sad....
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 04:24 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I never got sick of hearing the crowd. I was far enough away that it had to be a major play and a major crowd for me to hear it. My best friend lived much closer to the stadium. She could hear the loud speaker! That got old. I still have the ticket stubs for all the games I went to.

I went to a few Knicks games, but I never got to a Giants game.

Don't be sad that I don't think there's an ideal person for me. I'm an impatient, ornery woman who's not keen on commitment. And I usually love to be alone. I have no illusions about "ideal."
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 04:36 pm
What is you favorite book? Why?
Tropic of Cancer
Ulysses
4 books by Phillip Wylie
Could not choose between them

The Grapes of Wrath
My Fair Lady
Gone With the Wind
Cannot choose between these and several others, really

I like football, the Texans and the Steelers
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 01:31 am
@Roberta,
got ya!! and is it true, that pro basketball is great in person??

I have heard that pro hockey is amazing to see, you see everything, and fights everywhere on the ice...I know someone who caught a puck from a slap-shot player of the flyers...his name was John LeClair...and if he did not catch it, someone else who was there, with him, would have been busted up big time...
Roberta

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 02:17 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Madison Square Garden is a big place. The players looked very small from my crow's nest vantage point. But it was great to be at a game and see the whole court all at once. Great to feel the excitement.

I also used to go to Forest Hills to see the U.S. Open tennis. Loved that. I usually had courtside seats. Great to be that close.

But my favorite was and always will be baseball.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 04:56 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
But my favorite was and always will be baseball.

Me too! Wink Wink Wink Very Happy

Even though I have never been to a pro game, been to many of the kind of sports, and baseball is the best...and I love baseball the most of any other sport....I have heard that watching pro football live is not actually that good, unless you have 50 yard line tickets...I have heard different people say, that the game is just as great on T.V. with the way the game is portrayed, and all the shots you see, than actually being there in person...I am sure some people would still love to go to the football games, but I bet if I did, my perspective would be the same as the people who say watching football shows everything...

And I am not in a hurry, to pay 6$ for a hotdog, and 10 bucks for a beer!!! Wink Wink Wink Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 04:57 am
@Roberta,
Who is your favorite baseball player? and if different who was your favorite ever??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 05:07 am
@failures art,
WOW, that goes a lot deeper than what I meant by fantasy sports....that looks like it would be fun to do indeed...and a lot of coordination etc...

If you can do that, your and athlete for sure....

One of my favorite things to do in the spring and summer is play foot bag, I used to be very skilled in it...but now I am slightly above average....

Check this video out...This is a video I seen, from a buyer on Ebay for a foot bag..

Drifter: Footbag (Hacky SackĀ®) Trick Demo by Blitz (youtube)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 02:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
My current favorite players are Jeter and Rivera. My all-time favorite Yankee (one I saw play) was Mickey Mantle. (I started going to games back in the sixties.) Loved watching him hit those towering homeruns.

I also loved Willie Mays. I trekked out to Shea Stadium in Queens to watch the Giants play the Mets just so I could see Willie in person. It was the only time my father and I went to a ball game together. He refused to go to Yankee Stadium. Yes, I lived with a Yankee hater.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2012 10:34 pm
@Roberta,
Congrats to your G-men....I would rather see them win than Brady, Good luck to them!!...
0 Replies