The correct answer to the contraception question.....

Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2012 02:45 am
@manored,
Nobody here cares is he changes--in fact, we'd lose a lot of the comic effect around here if he did change. People who read here casually, and who don't know him, can benefit from having his idiocy and his rabid, hateful biotries pointed out. FM addressed some of his nonsense, as did Parados--but he posts this same **** again and again, and people get tired of taking the time to point out why he is full of **** again and again. He's just hoping the tedium will set in to the extent that nobody bothers any longer, and he gets away with posting utter bullshit.

What's got your panties in a twist about this? If you don't like it, don't read the thread.
dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2012 03:13 am
@manored,
manored wrote:

Insulting him wont change him. In fact it will achieve the opposite effect.

Nothing will have any effect.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2012 12:21 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

What's got your panties in a twist about this? If you don't like it, don't read the thread.
Except the thread isnt about bashing Gunga.

I dont care if he's terrible or whatever, that's no reason for gratuitous off-topic insults.

I dont love Gunga or anything, I just feel like there's too much hostility flying around in A2K. And its not just the few "hated trolls" that are to blame, the whole community takes part in it.
Setanta

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2012 12:31 pm
@manored,
Here, let me quote the Wabbit, since this didn't seem to sink in with you the first time:

dlowan wrote:
Nothing will have any effect.

Gunga Dim is not listening, he never listens. He used to spout utter bullshit about history, until i cut his claims to shred so often and so thoroughly that he has put me on ignore. Farmerman has cut his stupid claims about evolution to shreds so often, he ignores him. Parados has cut his bullshit claims about other areas of science and about politicis to shred so often that he ignores him. Cyclopticorn has cut his bullshit about politics to shreds so often that he now ignores him.

So, i'll repeat something else which you apparently didn't get the first time. Other people read these threads than just the people who post. Gunga spreads so much bullshit motivated by his religious and political bigotry, and spreads it repeatedly, that it is necessary to always point out that it's bullshit, and Gunga Dim is a bullshit artist. Dog forbid that any impressionable student would come here and take this bullshit seriously. We can't prevent that, but we can make it clear that it's bullshit.

As far as the tenor of this site, i suspect that you don't read very many threads outside of a narrow range of interest, because the overwhelming majority of threads contain no expressed animosity. Therefore, i also suspect that you peruse threads in which controversial subjects are discussed. You can't sit in a bar and join a discussion of a controversial subject without a high probability of hostility breaking out--how much less likely online.

Look around the site sometime, there are dozens and dozens of current discussions going on every day in which nobody is displaying any animus toward any other member. Although it is rare because he's a loony fanatic, even Gunga Dim sometimes joins discussions in which no one feels compelled to point out that he's a loony fanatic. You need to get out more.
parados

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2012 12:47 pm
@manored,
Quote:
Actually, it is, the debate lasts a limited amount of time, and economy is complex enough to eat up a whole debate.

Which is why they did have whole debates about that.
Debates were around central themes. For a candidate to bring up issues NOT in that particular debate would show someone unable to deal with diverse issues.

Simple platitudes about.. OMG! we have other issues!, doesn't address any issue. It is avoidance of dealing with the issue at hand while not solving any other issue you are bringing up.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2012 08:04 pm
@Setanta,
The internet is full of bullshit, I dont see why you feel that insulting Gunga will make a difference. To me it will just make the forum less pleasant for everbody.

I said A2K but you are right, its a large forum and there are probaly peace zones outside my areas of interest... but animosity, even if understandeable, isnt really good or desirable anywhere.

parados wrote:

Quote:
Actually, it is, the debate lasts a limited amount of time, and economy is complex enough to eat up a whole debate.

Which is why they did have whole debates about that.
As I understood it the debate in question didnt have a specific theme, though I may be wrong.
JTT

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2012 08:46 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
decides it is the best time to dramatically slash our defense budget and usher in a vast reduction in the size and strength of the United States military.

"American thinker" - I always get a big kick out of that.

You could really slash the US military budget, fix all of America's economic woes and still have a defense budget that was bigger than the next two countries combined.

You could stop spending huge sums providing fossil fuel energy for a greedy US military/US military industrial complex.

The downside of course, would be that you probably wouldn't be able to slaughter quite as many of the world's innocents as you would like.

Life's a bitch, ain't it, gunga?

Quote:
We face an increasingly hostile Chinese regime that is stealing our patents and intellectual property, hacking our computers, deploying advanced weapons systems and buying our debt so as to hold a position of economic blackmail over us.

That's a great, not to mention, exceedingly popular smokescreen for American politicians/US media groups. The poor of the world have had to face a terrifyingly hostile US regime for well over a century.

Isn't it time that you passed the torch to someone else to rape, torture and pillage the weak and the defenseless of the world? Isn't it time to let someone else steal the bread from those same people?

"buying our debt so as to hold a position of economic blackmail over us" -
Fuckin' hypocrisy much! like the US hasn't been doing that since forever. The only difference is that the US uses that hugely bloated military to seize others wealth.

The Chinese are simply following the ideals of American capitalism. They didn't seize those debt instruments at the point of a gun.

You constantly tie your slimy little body into these ugly contortions with most everything you post, gunga.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 04:47 am
@manored,
What you find desirable, for however laudable one may allege it to be, has no bearing on how people react to Gunga Dim. He peddles bullshit; he's peddled the same bullshit again and again and again for years at this site. So it has reached the point that people routinely tell him he's full of ****, that he's a fanatic, that he's a loon. If you find that unpleasant, don't enter his threads, becuase i guarantee you it's going to happen.
parados

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 08:45 am
@manored,
Since the debate didn't have a theme answering the question would have been appropriate. Going off on a tangent is political BS.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 01:07 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
He peddles bullshit; he's peddled the same bullshit again and again and again for years at this site.

Hey, Pot, how's tricks?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 01:11 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Your account is totally implausible in the face of the facts. You don't actually know a single ******* thing about the mortgage crisis, other than what you've read on some far right-wing website, do you?

Change the wording slightly, and you are every bit the match for Gunga, Cy. You could be blood brothers.

Your account is totally implausible in the face of the facts. You don't actually know a single ******* thing about US terrorism, other than what you've absorbed from your "ejukation", do you?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 02:37 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

The internet is full of bullshit, I dont see why you feel that insulting Gunga will make a difference. To me it will just make the forum less pleasant for everbody.

No, I really enjoy it when someone insults Gunga. It cheers me right up.
0 Replies