Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 07:40 pm
@Ceili,
love the log drivers waltz

another fave from the NFB

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 07:42 pm
@panzade,
Hey Panzade, thanks!
The show looks funny and terrifying. Interesting combo. I don't watch a lot of tv, but I'll watch for it now that I know about it. I'm happy your sister's show is doing so well. I know it's hard to keep a good thing going in a fickle industry.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 07:43 pm
@Rockhead,
I think he's just about crazy enough to become one of us..
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 07:49 pm
@djjd62,
Yep, it's a classic alright. I remember standing in line waiting to buy a copy of 'the sweater' at the local NFB office. It cost me big bucks back in the day for a VHS tape...
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 12:09 pm
This is That

Season 3 Episode 8

Top 5 Countries with the most unattractive people

http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/episode/2012/10/26/ugly-canadians-bless-you-ban-manitoba-white-debris-trans-canada-enthusiast-sod-hut-hotel/

Too funny

panzade

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:36 pm
A guy is searching for his seat at a Stanley Cup playoff game.
He sees a fan sitting next to an empty seat and asks him who's seat it is.
The guy answers "It's my wife's; she died a week ago."
So the fan says "Don't you have any friends you could have given the seat to?"
"Nah, they're all at the funeral"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:54 pm
@Joeblow,
I love This is That.

(one of my co-workers STILL hasn't figured out it's satire)
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 09:16 pm
@Joeblow,
I love this show too.. Thanks for posting.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 03:06 pm
Quote:
Eh hole 353 up, 129 down
November 4, 2012 Urban Word of the Day
A canadian asshole.
EXAMPLE:
Doug: He is not an asshole, he is Canadian.

Bart: Ooh, so he is an Eh hole!

KEYWORDS:
canadian asshole eh hole jerk
by Thouvenel Nov 2, 2012

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Eh%20hole&defid=6813306
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 10:08 pm
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407611_436214939758876_1613681929_n.jpg
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2012 10:21 pm
http://www.google.ca/logos/2012/ernie_coombes_mr_dressup_85th_birthday-960008-hp.png

Google celebrates the amazing Mr. Dressup.
farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 04:45 am
@Ceili,
****, we got a whole country fll of trannies and they dont get a Google day.

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2012 07:56 pm

Some great reasons to visit.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 09:29 am
Margaret Atwood writes some awful books.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 01:23 pm
Can someone please explain a bit the backgrounds of the 'Idle No More' campaign ('Jobs and Growth Act' etc) which goes beyond “[It] is just an aboriginal reboot of Occupy Wall Street. It has the same vague demands, summarized as ‘give us more free stuff’.”? Thanks!
Ceili

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 12:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The first misconception is that it's about 'free stuff'.
A lot of the 'free stuff' natives get most of us wouldn't want.
Idle No More began recently as a ground root answer to our government passing, yet again, an omnibus bill. Bill C 45 is a huge bit of legislation that covers many topics. It passed at the last hour, with very little discussion and even less warning. Buried deep among the mostly tedious stuff was, yet again, another kick at treaty rights. Mainly it changes the designation of thousand of lakes and water ways. Thusly changing the natives right to fish in clean water.
In turn, it has brought up many other areas of discontent, issues and other problems to the forefront. The movement has spread virally through the aboriginal youth, communities and then to the chiefs in this country.
Part of the reason Idle resembles Occupy is that there are a myriad of different issues, from housing, education, missing people, residential schools, land claims, jobs, water, the never ending erosion of traditional ways of life, the penal system, poverty, language, culture. Similarly, Idle is technology driven and protests are popping up all over the country, all the while, being watched by the rest of the world.
The big difference is that a) the issues are well known, not vague at all, and many are have been, will be or should be in front of the courts. In other words, they have history on their side. And b) the issues deal specifically with a identifiable group, unlike the 99% of Occupy.
So, while C 45 was an omnibus bill, the reaction is an omni-list-of-not-yet-dealt-with-complaints.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 01:51 am
@Ceili,
Thanks, Ceili!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 03:28 am
Excellent summary, Ceili . . . why, anyone would think you know what you're talking about!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 03:31 am
By the way, some joker in Quebec who had run for a band leader position last year and lost, brought up the point about corruption in band councils. I'd have to go search for him to get his name, but his call for a review of band finances is particularly to the point given the allegation that in Theresa Spence's band, millions of dollars have gone unaccounted for. I'll go see if i can find his name.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2013 01:01 pm

Chris Hadfield, Commander of the International Space Centre, and the Barenaked Ladies sing a song.
0 Replies