US soliders beat a goat.

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 10:00 pm
http://www.metro.us/newyork/international/article/1017665--is-this-a-video-of-u-s-soldiers-beating-a-sheep-to-death

This is the sick psycho behavior..

A commentator wrote: "As a Soldier myself, this is part of the reason i've come to dislike the Army and want out immediately. I have lost all respect for many of my fellow Soldiers. The wars are a sham. Most Soldiers are without conscience...especially combat arms. Bunch of hicks for the most part. I want out immediately out of this shell of an institution which used to be the respectable Armed Forces. I honestly hope all these people die downrange because they'd deserve it. As the ancient saying goes, a society can be judged with how they treat their animals.".

BillRM

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 10:18 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
LOL while any animal cruelty is not right to post a story concerning such an event in an area of the world where beheadings and suicide bombings and torture and all other manners of cruelty to humans is an everyday happening is a little strange to say the least.

With special note of some kind of tied in with a Muslin religion event.

US Muslims soldiers perhaps?
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 10:37 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

LOL while any animal cruelty is not right to post a story concerning such an event in an area of the world where beheadings and suicide bombings and torture and all other manners of cruelty to humans is an everyday happening is a little strange to say the least.

True, but their react are a "retaliation" of US invasion of their country. Which is right? Torture people(and animals) for fun, and games are not really in the same league as torture people for being a traitor.

The post in not entirely about goats. The comment follows also seems to confirm the Stanford Prison experiment, and Steven Pinker 's account of what middle ages European do for enjoyment(Cat burning, and torturing animals).
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 11:38 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
This is what can happen in an all-volunteer army. Such an army attracts precisely the kind of people who glory in violence. I've always been in favor of the draft. Citizen soldiers, as a rule, are concerned about fulfilling their obligation to participate in the defense of their country, then going back to civilian life. Not so the professionals. What we have now is, in effect, an army of well-paid mercenaries
BillRM

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 02:40 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
This is what can happen in an all-volunteer army. Such an army attracts precisely the kind of people who glory in violence. I've always been in favor of the draft

Nonsense as I had known far too many fine young men and women who are part of the now all volunteers US military to give such nonsense any weight at all.

In fact anyone who try to float that nonsense should be ashame of themselves.

Fido

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 07:17 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:

http://www.metro.us/newyork/international/article/1017665--is-this-a-video-of-u-s-soldiers-beating-a-sheep-to-death

A commentator wrote: "As a Soldier myself, this is part of the reason i've come to dislike the Army and want out immediately. I have lost all respect for many of my fellow Soldiers. The wars are a sham. Most Soldiers are without conscience...especially combat arms. Bunch of hicks for the most part. I want out immediately out of this shell of an institution which used to be the respectable Armed Forces. I honestly hope all these people die downrange because they'd deserve it. As the ancient saying goes, a society can be judged with how they treat their animals.".

Soldiers should not be held responsible for the breakdown of morality that their whole society is suffering... Where animals are abused people are no better treated than their animals... The Muslims have regard for Allah, little regard for their own lives, and absolutely no regard for the lives of their enemies who are also, in our case, the enemies of Allah... Only those who feel so heartless and without mercy should be sent against them, and no one but such animals as they will survive them... The Armies of Allah are invincible only because from the perspective of his soldiers, Allah is given all the credit, and they take all the blame; and upon their honor they will never give up, and never relent, and never will they convert, or deny the power of Allah... Let your Americans beat a goat... That goat is as insignificant as every man in Afghanistan, and if we will not kill every single one of them, man, woman, and child; we have no chance of changing the place... Our cruelty toward a scapegoat represents the frustration of the soldier sent to do a job that refuses to get done, that is as hopeless, and endless as struggles of culture against culture have always been... That butt hole of the world was never a place that we should have stayed even if we found it necessary to go... It has been expensive, but the financial loss to this country has been a gain for the republicans and their supporters... Now; if the democrats can get us out, they must bear the blame for losing a war that should never have been fought and could never be won... And no one but the democrats will get us out of there... And every goat there can stay in that hell they republicans thought was heaven... They cannot convince the grunts... The grunts know they are in hell, and in hell soldiers become devils...
Fido

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 07:26 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:

BillRM wrote:

True, but their react are a "retaliation" of US invasion of their country. Which is right? Torture people(and animals) for fun, and games are not really in the same league as torture people for being a traitor.

The post in not entirely about goats. The comment follows also seems to confirm the Stanford Prison experiment, and Steven Pinker 's account of what middle ages European do for enjoyment(Cat burning, and torturing animals).
It is easy to take Afghans out of Afghanistan, and to put them on their best behavior... No one knows so well as them what a hell the place is, and what a hell it has always been... You cannot put all the cruelty of the place at the feet of Islam... If there was no Islam, the place would not have another point of unity anywhere in the region...The culture of cruelty is one with the environment and geography, which even Islam cannot cure...They are incapable of change, and no further cruelty piled upon their already cruel existences can make them less cruel, and their cruel culture which is an adaptation to reality will makes us all more cruel before we make any of them kind...
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 02:47 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Let your Americans beat a goat... That goat is as insignificant as every man in Afghanistan, and if we will not kill every single one of them, man, woman, and child; we have no chance of changing the place... Our cruelty toward a scapegoat represents the frustration of the soldier sent to do a job that refuses to get done, that is as hopeless, and endless as struggles of culture against culture have always been...

Fido,

long time no see, you genocidal ****. You want to kill every single Muslim? What the **** are you?

TuringEquivalent

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 02:57 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
This is what can happen in an all-volunteer army. Such an army attracts precisely the kind of people who glory in violence. I've always been in favor of the draft

Nonsense as I had known far too many fine young men and women who are part of the now all volunteers US military to give such nonsense any weight at all.

In fact anyone who try to float that nonsense should be ashame of themselves.

It might surprise you. The US army are made up of the same people they are killing. They are not super human, or are particularly more virtuous just because they are born in the US. They are just humans, capable of both good, and evil. Can a **** tard like you not realize "empathy", and think of other peoples point of view?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 04:06 pm
US [sic] soldiers eat a goat.

So? I've eaten goat. It's pretty damned good. You get it a lot in the West Indian and the middle eastern restaurants. Good food, Mon.
Fido

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 04:12 pm
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:

Quote:
Let your Americans beat a goat... That goat is as insignificant as every man in Afghanistan, and if we will not kill every single one of them, man, woman, and child; we have no chance of changing the place... Our cruelty toward a scapegoat represents the frustration of the soldier sent to do a job that refuses to get done, that is as hopeless, and endless as struggles of culture against culture have always been...

Fido,

long time no see, you genocidal ****. You want to kill every single Muslim? What the **** are you?

What is the point of killing anyone if it will not change their minds... They have to live that way... What good would killing them do???
0 Replies

TuringEquivalent

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 06:13 pm
@Setanta,
I did not say "eat". I actually like goat. I mistakenly call it goat, but it is actually a sheep.
Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 06:26 pm
Mutton's good eatin' too . . . you don't want American soldiers to eat well? Why do you hate America?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 10:30 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:

I did not say "eat". I actually like goat. I mistakenly call it goat, but it is actually a sheep.
So what was the problem??? Were they tenderizing it before they actually killed it... I mean; some times our soldiers are their worst enemies... They actually have them on camera pissing on dead taliban, which is a war crime... So there they are with grins as wide as Ohio, with their peckers in their hands, hosing down some rag heads which is a war crime, by the way; and all on camera... They say they are handing the taliban their heads... I can't see how such people could beat their way out of a paper sack.
revelette

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 01:18 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
They actually have them on camera pissing on dead taliban, which is a war crime

I just saw that on the news. It's shameful.
Fido

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 09:00 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Quote:
They actually have them on camera pissing on dead taliban, which is a war crime

I just saw that on the news. It's shameful.
And criminal... You cannot expect the soldiers who go and fight an idiot war that no democratic people would chose for itself to fight, who have not the brains to go after the people who put them there, and to piss in their faces even when to do so would be perfect justice- to be any smarter than they obviously are, hamming it up in front of a camera, commiting a war crime with delight...
High Seas

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 09:39 am
@TuringEquivalent,
TuringEquivalent wrote:

Couldn't bear to watch the video but will take your word for it. About the dead Taliban - so they were dead at the time, right? Maybe burial rites weren't in compliance with the Geneva conventions, but see if I care! I do care about innocent animals being beaten and tortured and hope the soldiers who did it face dire consequences - there's got to be some regulation against it. Thanks for posting it.
revelette

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 09:52 am
@Fido,
In general I think it is a mistake lump all soldiers as being so crass of other people. I also think it is a mistake to call the other side so speak, animals. There are good soldiers or even paid combat soldiers, who am sure would not stoop to that level.

I am glad the military is looking into and not calling it a case of a few apples and basically ignore the shameful incident.

"committing a war crime with delight" a way with words.
Fido

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 10:01 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

TuringEquivalent wrote:

Couldn't bear to watch the video but will take your word for it. About the dead Taliban - so they were dead at the time, right? Maybe burial rites weren't in compliance with the Geneva conventions, but see if I care! I do care about innocent animals being beaten and tortured and hope the soldiers who did it face dire consequences - there's got to be some regulation against it. Thanks for posting it.
You are a wonder... You care about the torture of an animal but about the death of a human being you do not care... They are part and parcel of the same inhuman behavior...Where animals are abused, children, men, and women are abused... What do we hope to gain by adding abuse to abused lives??? We are sowing the wind... We are adding to the indignation of all of Islam, and for that the price paid of the world trade center was only a down payment... I thought we would leave those places when the numbers we lost in revenge equaled the number we lost in the attack... As long as there was money to be made, or an election to be won by our killing there and our deaths, the deaths and killing will continue...And those people we have turned into vicious animals having no respect for life will some day return to us and be a thorn in our hearts... War is damnation...
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 10:02 am
@revelette,
You meant bad apples? No, these are criminals and should be punished accordingly.

And the idiot who tagged this thread "humor" can go downrange, he'll find plenty of volunteers to put him out of his misery. As to the terminal buffoon named Fido, you can't tell a dead human from a live one, right? Maybe you watched too many zombie movies lately? Get lost in one - you belong there!