Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:18 am
What weird snacks do you like to eat?

Sometimes I eat big fresh mozzarella balls, like ten at a time. It's actually called Bococcino or something like that, but it's basically mozarella balls in some watery solution. I'll sit there and just fork one up, put a little (or a lot) salt on it, eat it whole, and go on to the next one. I bet I've eaten over a pound at one sitting.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 6,283 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:59 am
My snacking usually runs along "normal" lines, but I do occasionally like to eat sour pickles in great quantities. Really, really sour. Mmmmmmm.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 01:32 am
Roberta - ever tried bubbies?

I ... erm... have a friend who likes canned octopus and after eight chocolate dinner mints.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 01:35 am
TOGETHER???

I'm snacking right now on a bowl of shelled edamame beans, straight from the freezer...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 01:39 am
It's to do with cravings.
I ALWAYS enjoy garlic, chili, salty & sour things. (Slavic upbringing.)
Very rarely sweet things like chocolate, unless I'm very, very tired.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 04:47 am
Two slices of fresh baked bread lightly buttered, ΒΌ inch thick slice of hot roast beef with horseradish sauce and salad. Oh baby!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:34 am
I like this spicy canned eel that I get in the local shop. I think it comes from Thailand.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:46 am
hard dark pretzels 9called UNIQUE dark splits) and wasabi
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 05:53 am
Natural peanut butter and sour cream.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:25 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Natural peanut butter and sour cream.

This is what is used in british hospitals as an emetic. Yucky doo
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:40 am
In the winter: A cup of hot chocoate and buttered toast dip in it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:00 pm

Portal Star, What are bubbies?

Kev, Your snack doesn't sound all that weird, but it does sound positively delicious.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 02:54 pm
Roberta wrote:

Portal Star, What are bubbies?

Kev, Your snack doesn't sound all that weird, but it does sound positively delicious.

yes, the octopus and chocolate mint goes together... So I hear. And it has to be the vigo kind canned in olive oil, not the kind in ink. My dad likes the canned eels.

Bubbies are the most delicious pickles I have ever tried. They are Jewish deli style, and very sour and tasty. Try to get them fresh if you can (crispier, not soggy.) They should be refridgerated in a jar as whole pickles. You can get them from large/ independent natural food stores Outside of California, Bubbies are sold mostly through natural food stores such as Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Sunshine, Westerly, Central Market or Fresh Fields (in the US.) Or you can order them by the crate.
bubbies
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 02:59 pm
When I was considerably younger... I used to eat paper. One week I ate the TV Guide... one day at a time.

I would also tear off about 6 inches of masking tape, wad it up, and chew it like gum.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 03:04 pm
SealPoet wrote:
When I was considerably younger... I used to eat paper. One week I ate the TV Guide... one day at a time.

I would also tear off about 6 inches of masking tape, wad it up, and chew it like gum.

SP YUK!!! Cool

nutt'n wierd for me
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 08:07 am
Portal Star, A bubby is a pickle? Why can't I just go to the deli and say gimme a pickle. A sour one? I gotta look for bubbies? Sounds like I'm looking for a bunch of grandmas. Tell you what. I'll keep my eyes peeled. If I see a bubby, I'll try one. :-)
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 11:28 pm
Yes, Bubbies = pickles. I'm pretty sure that, like the lack of girls in girl scout cookies, they are grandma free.

Also, a noteworthy relation of the pickle, is KIMCHEE - spicy pickled cabbage. You can find it in most asian supermarkets, but I recommend ordering it as a side dish at a Korean or Japanese restaurant. I didn't like it at first, but the taste really grows on you. I have some in the fridge right now, and I wrote a poem about some old kimchee once Smile.

Food is good.
kickycan

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 12:02 am
Seal Poet, that really is weird. Chewing on a wad of masking tape? Pretty gross. Duct tape, I could see. But masking tape? Yuk.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 12:07 am
Anyone like olive loaf?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 12:14 am
My father used to buy it a the meat market. Before I would eat it, I would poke out the olives and throw them away.
0 Replies