Bush proven guilty of insider trading!! Impeachment perhaps?

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 10:53 pm
While sitting in the board of Harken Energy Bush dumped 200,000 shares of stock. He claimed he didn't know the company was in trouble. New documents show Bush not only knew he chaired a meeting to discuss the company's horrible financial straights! Bush is guilty as sin!

Memos: Bush knew of Harken's problems
July 12, 2002

"When President Bush sold more than 200,000 shares in Harken Energy Corp. in June 1990, he said he did not know the company was in bad financial shape. But memos from the company show in great detail that he was apprised of how badly the company's fortunes were failing before he sold his stock -- and that he was warned by company lawyers against selling stock based on insider information."

There is a ton more information here... http://www.buzzflash.com/perspectives/2002/Bush_Harken.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 760 • Replies: 14
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 10:54 pm
tsktsk
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:26 pm
Maybe the poll question should be "Should he be impeached for this?" In which case the answer is YES, as well maybe for war crimes and mass murder.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 11:32 pm
Why am I not surprised? Of course he should be impeached! Is anyone naive enough to think it will happen?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:40 am
NO
Perhaps he will be charged when he gets dumped. This creep is the dumbest and worse Pres. in US history. The people around him have no integrity and are a disgrace to America.

Cheney may be charged with leaking Fed info.

I think all of them should be charged with treason but I know that won't happen.

If by some screwed up chance they get another term there may be a another revolution in this country.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:55 am
We can only hope that they ditch the bum!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:08 am
Bush, as is the lot of dictators is above the law. Compared to Bush, Clinton was bush league. Unfortunately the Balance of power that is supposed to exist no longer does since congress is controlled by and in collusion with this administration.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:11 am
Bush sold his stock for $4.00 per share. A year later, the stock was valued at $8.00 per share. The company, Harken Energy Corporation, is still functioning.

What's the point here?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:21 am
I sorry to say, but I agree with McG.

This is old news, and it certainly didn't stop him from getting into the White House. It certainly won't help to get him out.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:25 am
Insider trading is still insider trading. When Bush sold his stock the Corp. was in trouble and he was aware of it. The fact that it recovered is irrelevant.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:46 am
Read my lips:

No more impeachments!

Get the moron out of office -- and let him go back to raping the people who allow him to use their money to run a company into the ground.

He is not worth the money that would be spent on an impeachment.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:48 am
McGentrix wrote:
Bush sold his stock for $4.00 per share. A year later, the stock was valued at $8.00 per share. The company, Harken Energy Corporation, is still functioning.

What's the point here?

Not sure of what the other points were -- but I must assume that your point is that the moron is so goddam dumb, he couldn't even do the "insider trading" thing right.

Thanks for contributing to our side, McG. I knew you were an out-front guy.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:53 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

What's the point here?

Not sure of what the other points were -- but I must assume that your point is that the moron is so goddam dumb, he couldn't even do the "insider trading" thing right.

Thanks for contributing to our side, McG. I knew you were an out-front guy.

Laughing Razz
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 02:31 am
There are so many things that Bush should be impeached for but it will never happen. The government is on his side. Why on earth do you think he's even our president in the first place when it's supposed to be Al Gore. We have our nations first appointed president. Appointed by the Supreme Court, just like they do in Communist countries. And republicans think he's the greatest thing since Jesus.

Impeach him and throw him in prison!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 09:15 am
Well, there is a grassroots movement afoot:

http://impeachbush.meetup.com/
0 Replies