Racism and racial profiling : over sensitivity means less proactivity in prevention

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 07:32 pm
people are far too sensitive these days. I personally think people need to stop being so sensitive and grow a 'set'. This oversensitivity is a huge problem in that it prevents and delays the apprehension of offendors and even severly disables our authority to effectively do their job and safeguard society.

I personally don' like police, but i do think this oversensitivty is affecting the law enforcers like airport sec and police to do their job effectively. It even affecs the media in classification and identification of suspects. People are too afaid of being branded a racist that they let certain things slide and omitt others just so theres no issues.

An example of this is a description i read of a suspect where it read "light brown" skin. Now the problem with this is its too general. They had a pretty clear picture of him and he looked of south east asiam or middle eastern origins. instead they use light brown , which can also apply to afro carribeans also. So instead of narrowing their description , they made it broader. Only because they did not want to be viewed as racist by assuming his origins.

If you're lookin for a suspect who is white and has a beard, youre likely goig to search all who fit this description and is suspicious, or might even do random checks. It isnt racist to do this. Wouldnt you rather be safe than sorry?

in general most of our society is becoming too sensitive, and if we continue down this road ita likely someone or many will end up victims due to someones reluctance to be deemd as racist.

P.s youll probably ding me for this, but i personally think white people are starting to become one of the most oppressed people. We even reach the point where other races just classifiy all white and black people as the colour of their skin...just like how i did here. white people are told how to run Their country and are scrutanized if they dont. You cant go to china or india or iran and tell them you dont like a certain word or lifestyle their living. You can only do that in north america and other western euro cultures. Yes 'white' people have been oppressive, but so has every other culture... And white is too encomPassing and the same with black.

To anyone who wants to challenge this go ahead, i clearly rip you a new one Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,754 • Replies: 0
No top replies