I just don’t understand drinking and driving

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 11:57 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
I really know nothing about your father other than the fact
he was a cyclist killed by a drunk driver.
Your idea of fairness is to mention the drunkeness of one of the drivers, but not the other one ?
Lancaster2409

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
The only one that needs mention is the one operating a motor vehicle. Dumbass
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:22 pm
I’ve come to the conclusion that Lancaster is a troll, first of all there wasn’t any settlement and secondly the comment about the rope isn’t true either, he just read that from Thom’s cousins post but it wasn’t accurate, not even close.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:33 pm
@Lancaster2409,
Lancaster2409 wrote:
Neither one "NEEDS" mention.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Your idea of fairness is to mention the drunkeness of one of the drivers, but not the other one ?

Why should "fairness" even enter into what I said? That Mr. Lancaster was killed by a drunk driver is all the factual information I have.

My idea of "fairness" is not to mention something I do not know to be fact about the cyclist. I have no reliable factual information about the state of his sobriety, nor do I think it's particularly relevant regarding the manner of his death.

Do you have access to Mr. Lancaster's medical records from that night? How do you know whether he was drunk? And what difference would it make? Would it change the fact that he was hit by a car, and the driver of the car was charged with DUI manslaughter and leaving the scene, and Mr. Lancaster died as the result of his injuries?
BillRM

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:34 pm
@Lancaster2409,
Quote:

Wrong DUI laws cover people cycling also just to start with and second it very likely took at least both the driver and the cyclist being under the influence to end up with the the sad outcome of the cyclist being killed.

Kind of remind me of Stephen King walking down a country road with his face in a book but blaming only the driver of a pickup truck that hit him when the driver took his eyes off the road to deal with his dog.

In both cases blame seems to fall on both sides of the accident with special note if the bike did not have night lights on as bikes are damn hard to see at night when not lit by drivers no matter what their BAC might be.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:40 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
That Mr. Lancaster was killed by a drunk driver is all the factual information I have.

you dont know that much, because you dont know that Thom could have avoided the contact. The law assumes that this contact was Thoms fault, but we dont know. What you know is that Thoms car and Barry's bike made contact, and that Barry died as a result.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:40 pm
Donald Trump fired Khloe Kardashian from Celebrity Apprentice a few years ago because she was facing a DUI charge, he said "I've seen the damage drunk drivers can do"

"It wasn't because of my work ethic, it wasn't because I was slacking," Khloe writes, "It was because of my DUI. I don't think I should have been fired for that reason alone. I just wish Mr. Trump would have handled the situation a little differently."
http://www.hollyscoop.com/celebrity-apprentice/khloe-kardashian-blasts-donald-trump-for-firing-her.html
0 Replies

Lancaster2409

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:42 pm
@jcboy,
Because you know all about the Bodily Injury Liability coverage that Thom had, Right? Your making yourself look really bad when I can present facts you've never heard of because the victim was my father. But I forgot, you all know everything! Lol! I have become quite amused at some of your replies.
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:44 pm
@Lancaster2409,
If you know so much how did Thom commit suicide?
Lancaster2409

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:46 pm
@jcboy,
My lawyer would not give out details, just informed me that he committed suicide.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:48 pm
@Lancaster2409,
Lancaster2409 wrote:

Because you know all about the Bodily Injury Liability coverage that Thom had, Right?
it was not required thus he likely did not have it, unless he had a previous DUI conviction, which I am not aware that he had.
firefly

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

you dont know that much, because you dont know that Thom could have avoided the contact. The law assumes that this contact was Thoms fault, but we dont know. What you know is that Thoms car and Barry's bike made contact, and that Barry died as a result.

You are confusing liability with the cause of Mr. Lancaster's death.

Lancaster died as the result of injuries sustained when he was struck by a motor vehicle.
0 Replies

Lancaster2409

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
He carried a $100,000 policy. Why would I have to get a Florida lawyer whom which I'm sure all of you are familiar with, Mr. John Mathias, if I'm just a troll? I'm listening...
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:53 pm
@Lancaster2409,
Nice try but I'm still not buying it. Everyone knows how Thom died. Do you know who Don is?
Lancaster2409

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:54 pm
@jcboy,
He hung himself. How wouldn't I find out eventually?
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:55 pm
@Lancaster2409,
Lancaster2409 wrote:

He hung himself. How wouldn't I find out eventually?

Wrong, he did not!
Lancaster2409

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:56 pm
@jcboy,
I'm just going by comments in the thread. Do you think it matters to me how the scumbag offed himself? Not at all!
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:57 pm
@Lancaster2409,
Lancaster2409 wrote:

I'm just going by comments in the thread. Do you think it matters to me why the scumbag offed himself? Not at all!

Who is Don?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:58 pm
Drunk drivers are morally retarded because they DON'T CARE if they kill anybody.
Then after they're convicted they pathetically bleat "I'm sorry, we all make mistakes".
That's like somebody carelessly toying with a handgun which goes off and kills somebody. It's not a "mistake", it's just an anti-social "I don't give a damn" attitude