I just don’t understand drinking and driving

BrianW33713

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 08:51 am
@jcboy,
I don't think he's a local troll, probably just an Intenet troll, but he's definately not related to Barry, he forgot about his own grandfather.
Lancaster2409

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:59 am
@BrianW33713,
I'm not huh? Then why do I have information like Thoms vin # from his Acura?
Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:07 am
@Lancaster2409,
That's because you're a psycho...I mean psychic!
NSFW (view)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:33 pm

Its really delightful outside, in West Palm Beach, Florida,
in the shade; maybe mildly too hot for my taste in the sun.

David
Rockhead

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
our temp just went up from four to six...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:38 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
our temp just went up from four to six...
WoW !
That 's a 5O% increase.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
stop looking at my gas bill...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:42 pm

Today, I plan to just stay home, idly relaxing.
No need to venture out anywhere.

David
jcboy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 08:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
We're sure not going out anywhere, it's 51 degrees and will drop even lower tonight. I let the dogs out and they ran right back in the house! The tortoises are even inside!
firefly

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 09:16 pm
@jcboy,
Where I am, the temperature is expected to plummet to 9 degrees overnight, and that's going to be about the high for tomorrow. Tuesday it may rise to 14 degrees. Rolling Eyes

At the moment, it's not that cold yet, but it's quite windy, so with the wind chill it feels in the low 20's. My puppy insisted on going out, even though I've been trying to get him to use a Wee Wee pad instead. As soon as we got outside, he did what your dogs did, he immediately turned around and ran inside--without doing what we went out for. Tomorrow, with the wind chill it will feel like zero or below, and there is no way I'm taking him out, no matter how much he insists. I have no idea why he's suddenly averse to using a Wee Wee pad, but I think we're in for two difficult days.

51 degrees sounds balmy to me.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:05 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Where I am, the temperature is expected to plummet to 9 degrees overnight,
and that's going to be about the high for tomorrow.
Tuesday it may rise to 14 degrees. Rolling Eyes . . .
Where is that ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:09 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
We're sure not going out anywhere, it's 51 degrees and will drop even lower tonight.
I let the dogs out and they ran right back in the house!
The tortoises are even inside!
I bet that thay r all eminently content!

I rolled up my canopy in defense from the wind.

David
0 Replies

zilla705

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 10:23 pm
I know that this has been a long time ago, but just found it. I don't know if anyone will see this or not. I was a friend of Thom Swift, the driver of the car, we even dated for a short time. It had been a long time since I had seen Thom. We had actually fell out of touch for many years. I don't know if anyone knows what happened to Thom. Thom committed suicide on Dec. 6th 2012. The picture on his obituary page on-line is the Thom that I remember and not the mug shot photo of him that you can also Google. Having know Thom intimately I can see the extreme pain of what he had done. I think you can probably see the pain even if you never met him. I think that he could no longer live with what he had done to this poor man. I just want people to know what happened to my friend since I didn't see any mention of it on this thread.
Very sad. Peace
firefly

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 12:12 am
@zilla705,
His suicide was mentioned in this thread, starting on this page.
http://able2know.org/topic/182157-158

It was also then mentioned in this thread.
http://able2know.org/topic/203274-1#post-5187874

It was, indeed, a very sad outcome.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 01:06 am
@firefly,
we dont know why he killed himself, maybe it was because he felt so guilty that he did not believe that he should be alive, but then again maybe it was because the state decided that being a few minutes too slow to make a call should cost him an extra decade in jail. It was never reported that Thom left a note, or that he explained himself to anyone.
firefly

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 01:27 am
@hawkeye10,
Is there any logical reason that you should be informed about what he might have said, or indicated, to those close to him?

His real friends might want to keep such things private--out of respect for him--and not post about them in this thread to satisfy the idle curiosity of people like you.

It was a tragic ending to a tragic situation.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 02:29 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Is there any logical reason that you should be informed about what he might have said, or indicated, to those close to him?

His real friends might want to keep such things private--out of respect for him--and not post about them in this thread to satisfy the idle curiosity of people like you.

It was a tragic ending to a tragic situation.
I believe that it woud have been a lot less tragic
without the vocal vindictiveness of folks like u.

I took a more ez going, magnanimous vu.
I 'd have let him get away with it, with very light consequences,
or a dismissed complaint.

In my opinion, the rancor, ill will n malice expressed
by people like u pushed Tom to it. I sympathized with him.
firefly

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 02:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
At the risk of wounding your narcissism, or offending your immodesty, I really doubt that anything you said, or any "magnanimous vu" you espoused, in this thread, affected the tragic nature of this situation one bit.

This thread started out discussing the death of one man, and wound up discussing the death of another as well. The entire situation was tragic. Nothing I said contributed to its being more tragic, and nothing you said would have prevented it from being any less tragic.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 02:44 am
@firefly,
OBVIOUSLY, u r correct.
Otherwise, he 'd be alive now.

I 'd have saved him and freed him,
if I cud have.
0 Replies