I just don’t understand drinking and driving

izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 05:24 pm
@cs33717,
Well he's clearly a lot better than you, you racist ****.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 05:47 pm
Quote:
JCBoy said: They were all feeling sorry for him, saying what a nice person he is and how tragic this is for him. I agreed he was a nice person but nobody seemed to mention the poor guy on the bicycle

I'm sure his friends won't mind visiting him in jail over the next 15 years..Smile

jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:25 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

I'm sure his friends won't mind visiting him in jail over the next 15 years..Smile

Sharp as a tack this one is!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:55 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Sharp as a tack this one is!
he must of read through enough pages to see where I said that Thom would get 15 years. We never got to prove me right, which is sad.

I feel sad for Thom but also I feel like hitting a drunk bum on the way home is a known risk of choosing to drive drunk so he did it to himself. Everyone says he was a great guy, but he was stupid this night.
0 Replies

Lancaster2409

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 08:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
They won't be able to. He might have left his friends some rope. Oh wait, he used all that..
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 08:11 pm
@Lancaster2409,
Lancaster2409 wrote:

They won't be able to. He might have left his friends some rope. Oh wait, he used all that..

That's a horrible thing to say, he took his own life over the guilt he felt, guilt he felt for your father.
Lancaster2409

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 08:21 pm
@jcboy,
Get over it! Maybe he should have thought about that before leaving the bar intoxicated. Or when he decided to head home and leave a victims body in the middle of the road. He's lucky HE decided his fate, and no one else!
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 08:34 pm
@Lancaster2409,
I am sorry for the loss of your precious father. I know the heartbreak that lasts for years to come. I've been there.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 08:39 pm
@Lancaster2409,
Quote:
Or when he decided to head home and leave a victims body in the middle of the road.
and entire block and a half.....which did not impact Barry's survival chances hardly at all, it was a few extra minutes before emergency responders could get there. We never saw the report on time of death but he was almost certainly dead on contact.
Lancaster2409

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 08:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Since when has it ever been acceptable to run someone over and continue on behind the wheel? Coming from the guy who thinks he was homeless and that " a granddaughter" went after his estate. Neither are true, and honestly if you knew anything, you would know about the $100,000 settlement. LMFAO. Clueless idiots. None of you on this feed have a clue! You should do society a favor and hang yourself too. HAWKFAG10
PerryFoscotti

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 09:03 pm
@Lancaster2409,
You could give a **** about you own father that's why you left him homeless and living on the streets! Your settlement won't last long! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
Lancaster2409

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 09:17 pm
@PerryFoscotti,
Illiterate much?
PerryFoscotti

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 09:23 pm
@Lancaster2409,
No not at all. Who paid for you fathers remains to be shipped? Who paid for the plot and headstone? You? Not likely.
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 09:28 pm
@PerryFoscotti,
Leave him to vent and stop picking on him.
0 Replies

Lancaster2409

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 09:39 pm
@PerryFoscotti,
Where's the relevance in that?
firefly

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 10:06 pm
@Lancaster2409,
I am very sorry for the loss of your father, and I can understand your anger at the man who was driving the car that killed him, and who did not stop his car to call for assistance, or to remain with him until medical help arrived.

Some of the people posting in this thread are simply insensitive jerks, who didn't know either your father or the driver of the car, and really aren't in a position to make personal comments, or judgments, about either of them, and it really would be better if you just ignored them rather than letting them aggravate you.

Other people posting in this thread were friends of the driver, and, while they do not defend his actions that night, including his driving drunk, they mourn his loss too.

I didn't know your father or the driver either, but I feel what happened that night was a terrible tragedy--it really destroyed two lives. The driver chose to pay with his life for his actions, so I'm not sure what more you would want from him. What happened could not be undone.

I'm not sure that all the anger being expressed in this thread right now serves any purpose other than keeping raw wounds open and festering. No man's life should be defined or judged by one night, and the memories of both your father and the driver deserve better.

I have no reason to have any negative feelings about your father, nor would I blame him for his own death, and I really can't understand why it would make anyone feel better to do that, nor can I understand why anyone would blame your family for anything about this accident, or get into any issues of your relationship with your father. It's really inappropriate. They should just let you grieve, and express your feelings about the manner of your father's death, and not try to dump any unwarranted guilt on you.

I really know nothing about your father other than the fact he was a cyclist killed by a drunk driver. I'd like to know more about him, but only if you care to share it.

Again, you have my sympathy for your loss.

Mattingly

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 10:08 pm
@Lancaster2409,
Who's to say you're even related to Barry? You could just be another troll here.
BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 10:46 pm
@Mattingly,
Quote:
Who's to say you're even related to Barry? You could just be another troll here.

I been reading this thread and had been receiving the strong smell of troll myself.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:54 pm
@PerryFoscotti,
PerryFoscotti wrote:

No not at all. Who paid for you fathers remains to be shipped? Who paid for the plot and headstone? You? Not likely.

I think it was the church, but it had been awhile so I dont have a link.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 11:33 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
I agree Ceili, Anger will just eat you up. I'm glad I did not venture out and about last night.
By all the posts I read on facebook this morning about Lanasters comments it sounds like drama
was alive and well at the local watering hole last night.
WELL SAID!!!!!

David
0 Replies