I just don’t understand drinking and driving

Russell04

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 10:36 am
We had many of good laughs and fun times together. Thom Thom, a.k.a Turkey2 will be greatly missed and never forgotten.

http://imageshack.us/a/img688/8294/thomswift2.jpg
Below viewing threshold (view)
Sloan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 11:57 am
@hawkeye10,
Unbelievable! Rolling Eyes
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 06:17 pm
@Sloan,
Sloan wrote:

Unbelievable! Rolling Eyes

two men are dead because of something that happened one night in the space of 5-10 seconds....i would kind of like to know what this was that happened.
firefly

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 07:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
two men are dead because of something that happened one night in the space of 5-10 seconds....i would kind of like to know what this was that happened.

One man driving a car, apparently while intoxicated, ran into another man riding on a bike and killed the cyclist. And now the driver of the car is also dead. That's all you ever knew about this case, and all you're ever likely to know. Had you been sitting in that courtroom in Pinellas County, during all the pre-trial hearings, you'd probably know a lot more, but it's rather unrealistic, and somewhat bizarre, that you expect your questions to be answered now, in this thread. The people who were close to Thom have other things on their minds right now, mainly mourning his loss and remembering his life.

The criminal legal case is over, so the details don't matter much any more since they were mainly relevant in establishing criminal liability. A civil suit against Thom's estate is unlikely to continue because it sounds as though he lacked sufficient assets to make it worthwhile to pursue.

It's over, Hawkeye. Your self-serving curiosity will have to remain unsatisfied.

Sloan

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 08:02 pm
@firefly,
Thank you Firefly.

So many attended Mr. Swifts Memorial service tonight it was standing room only, some had to wait outside just to get in. A packed house showed the impact his big heart, warm smile and loving disposition had on everyone he met.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 01:57 am
@hawkeye10,
If you die ...

And, no one knows exactly why....

Will you want people to forever question ? Or, be respectful to your wife, send their condolences and leave her alone to grieve as Thom's friends are trying to.

Sorry, but that was one of the most stupidest posts I have ever read of yours.

3 days before, I received a really strange PM from someone from this thread it was way out of character, I called spam somehow and I advised the people above. The words spoken freaked me out. It now to me seems it was related to this thread.

I am not going to post it but in my thoughts... This was one heck of a struggle of a decision and I hope Thom who's picture clearly shows a beautiful soul is at peace as I am sure he is...

Keith424

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 07:59 am
@FOUND SOUL,
We believe his account was hacked. I talked with him this morning and he was going to log in and change his password.
BillRM

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 08:20 am
@Keith424,
As far as hacking accounts does anyone reading this know if Robert and company hash the passwords and also used salt with them or just have them in the clear?
firefly

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 08:35 am
@BillRM,
Why don't you just ask Robert, or is that too logical a move for you?
BillRM

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 11:37 am
@firefly,
As it relate to someone on this thread who was concern that an account had been hacked into the question came to my mind what level of security does Robert employ on this site and any numbers of his little helpers should be able to answer that question.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 12:19 pm
@BillRM,
Click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and ask your question there.

Anyone concerned about the site's security processes is not going to answer such a question out on the open forums.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 02:39 pm
@Keith424,
Thanks Keith...

Apparently, I was the only one that got that "hacked" message... Still eerie...
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 06:05 pm
@Sloan,
Quote:
So many attended Mr. Swifts Memorial service tonight it was standing room only, some had to wait outside just to get in. A packed house showed the impact his big heart, warm smile and loving disposition had on everyone he met.

That's quite a tribute to him and the regard in which others held him. I hope that it brought some comfort to those who feel a void in their lives without him to know that he will be remembered in such a positive way by so many.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 09:17 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and ask your question there.

Anyone concerned about the site's security processes is not going to answer such a question out on the open forums.

Come on hashing and salting passwords is now and had been best practice for a decade or so and a statement that you are doing so is hardly a security concern.

Now if you are not doing so shame on this website and that should be corrected at once.

Security should never be base on people not knowing one way or another your security precautions.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 09:26 am
@Butrflynet,
In fact I do know this website is a little behind the curve in security in not using SSL connections as google and facebook and others sites are now doing as a matter of course.

The overhead of having all SSI connections is minor and give the users protections when using hotspot connections.
Sloan

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 09:32 am
@BillRM,
I wouldn’t say his account was hacked. He was logged in from his iphone and left his phone at a cocktail party in town a week or so ago.
BeachBoy

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:03 pm
@Sloan,
No te aflijas por mí, por ahora estoy libre.
Estoy siguiendo el camino que Dios puso para mí.
Tomé su mano cuando lo oí llamar.
Le di la espalda y lo dejó todo.

No podía quedarme un día más,
Para reír, amar, trabajar o jugar.
Tareas dejado de hacer debe permanecer de esa manera,
He encontrado que la paz al final del día.

Si mi partida ha dejado un vacío,
Luego se llenan de alegría recordaba.
Una amistad compartida, una risa, un beso,
Ah sí, estas cosas yo también echo de menos.

Estar sin estar impedidos por momentos de dolor:
Les deseo el sol de la mañana.
Mi vida ha estado llena que he saboreado mucho,
Buenos tiempos, buenos amigos, el tacto de un ser querido.

Tal vez mi tiempo parecía que todos breves,
No lo lenghten ahora con pena indebida.
Alza tu corazón y comparte conmigo,
Dios me quería a mí ahora, él me puso en libertad.
BeachBoy

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2012 09:27 pm
@BeachBoy,
Santa mierda Thom está lloviendo como una madre esta noche, vertido, rayos y truenos, me acuerdo de lo mucho que le gustaba.
0 Replies

PerryFoscotti

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2013 06:28 am
Can't believe it's been over two months. I wish I could text you to say I made it a year without smoking!
0 Replies