I just don’t understand drinking and driving

izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 01:11 pm
@ehBeth,
The longer this thread goes on, the more confused Bill seems to become, I'm starting to feel sorry for him.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 01:11 pm
@BillRM,
and rape, and a bunch of other smoke screens that are tangentially connected to the thread topic...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 01:12 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Strange as the subject been of late not driving drunk but sleeping the affects of the alcohol off

Only in your mind, as far as I'm concerned it's about a drunk who killed a cyclist.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 01:18 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Strange as the subject been of late not driving drunk but sleeping the affects of the alcohol off before driving home in a park car and then still being charge with the crime of DUI and if that is a good public policy or not.

strange. yes.

subject. no.
BillRM

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 01:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Whatever you seem to be a person who is control by emotions to the point that logic or commonsense mean nothing at all to you.

Drinking and driving is bad at any BAC level and punishing someone for not driving is fine with you if a car is near by even with it engine is off and cool and the car is in park.

If there is an accidental death where a driver had a BAC of over .08 it does not matter if the driver or his conditions have any connection with the accident occurring he should still be found guilty of manslaughter and so on.

Must be interesting going through life and questioning nothing at all.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 01:38 pm
@BillRM,
I don't think you will do well to get into the "you seem to be" game, bill.

you're as dense as iron...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 01:39 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Whatever you seem to be a person who is control by emotions to the point that logic or commonsense mean nothing at all to you.

You can ******* talk. You're outbursts are highly emotional and illogical, running round desperately trying to change the topic like a bewildered puppy.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 01:40 pm
@BillRM,
With this sentence, I'm beginning to question your sobriety:

Quote:

Drinking and driving is bad at any BAC level and punishing someone for not driving is fine with you if a car is near by even with it engine is off and cool and the car is in park.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 01:42 pm
@Butrflynet,
That's about par for the course.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 02:03 pm
@BillRM,
I question all things. I am Borg.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 02:05 pm
@ehBeth,
number nine?

can I call you Earnest?
BillRM

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 03:03 pm
@Rockhead,
Number nine is that the actress with the big boobs that was on the Voyager series?
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 03:17 pm
@BillRM,
That was Seven.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 03:22 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
Lighl and Kighl are the twin sons of BORG 9, "The Earnest." BORG 9 and his twin sons were the first contacted inhabitants of O*U*T*E*R C*H*A*O*S when the band of courageous refugees from Utter Chaos arrived. Furthermore, the twins were the result of a chance second meeting between BORG 9 and Carole LomBORG.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2012 11:01 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The longer this thread goes on, the more confused Bill seems to become,
I'm starting to feel sorry for him.
I guess compassion is a good sign.
I feel magnanimously disposed toward Tom Swift. Perhaps in time, . . .

David
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 11:57 pm
I guy I know was just recently killed in what is being called a vehicular homicide/hit and run

Quote:
A South Sound man was arrested and booked into the Thurston County Jail on suspicion of vehicular homicide and felony hit-and-run, following a double-fatal crash on Libby Road early Sunday morning.
According to the Washington State Patrol: Mathew Wharton, 26, of Olympia, was driving a 1995 Honda Civic north on Libby Road when the vehicle crossed the southbound lane, struck a ditch and a tree, and then crossed the roadway again and crashed into a fence on the northbound shoulder.
Two men, ages 34 and 35, both of Olympia, were ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. As of Sunday evening, their names hadn’t been released pending notification of their family. It is unknown if they were wearing seat belts.
A third passenger, Steven Yarbrough, 25, of Shelton, was injured and taken to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia.
Wharton, who is believed to own the vehicle even though it’s registered under a different name, called 911 several hours after the crash, saying he believed he was involved in a collision but wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do, said trooper Guy Gill, a spokesman for the State Patrol.
“We noticed fabric burn from a seat belt on the left side of his neck, which would be consistent if he was driving the vehicle,” Gill said. “We determined he was driving when the collision occurred.”
Wharton is under investigation for two counts of vehicular homicide, one count of vehicular assault and three counts of felony hit-and-run, Gill said. The cause of the wreck was still under investigation.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/03/05/2422011/olympia-driver-arrested-in-death.html

I have been disturbed of late of how forcefully the state tries to avenge the deaths of those who are stupid enough to get into a car with a drunk or stoned person. Me I figure that since they obviously did not care I dont need to either.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 12:13 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I guy I know was just recently killed in what is being called a vehicular homicide/hit and run

Quote:
A South Sound man was arrested and booked into the Thurston County Jail on suspicion of vehicular homicide and felony hit-and-run, following a double-fatal crash on Libby Road early Sunday morning.
According to the Washington State Patrol: Mathew Wharton, 26, of Olympia, was driving a 1995 Honda Civic north on Libby Road when the vehicle crossed the southbound lane, struck a ditch and a tree, and then crossed the roadway again and crashed into a fence on the northbound shoulder.
Two men, ages 34 and 35, both of Olympia, were ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. As of Sunday evening, their names hadn’t been released pending notification of their family. It is unknown if they were wearing seat belts.
A third passenger, Steven Yarbrough, 25, of Shelton, was injured and taken to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia.
Wharton, who is believed to own the vehicle even though it’s registered under a different name, called 911 several hours after the crash, saying he believed he was involved in a collision but wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do, said trooper Guy Gill, a spokesman for the State Patrol.
“We noticed fabric burn from a seat belt on the left side of his neck, which would be consistent if he was driving the vehicle,” Gill said. “We determined he was driving when the collision occurred.”
Wharton is under investigation for two counts of vehicular homicide, one count of vehicular assault and three counts of felony hit-and-run, Gill said. The cause of the wreck was still under investigation.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/03/05/2422011/olympia-driver-arrested-in-death.html

I have been disturbed of late of how forcefully the state tries to avenge the deaths of those who are stupid enough to get into a car with a drunk or stoned person. Me I figure that since they obviously did not care I dont need to either.
There is no reference to alcohol.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 12:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
While interviewing Wharton, police noticed blood stains on Wharton’s clothing, lacerations and contusions on his face and signs of a locked seatbelt burning his skin on the left side of his neck and shoulder.

Wharton agreed to a breathalyzer test. He had a blood alcohol content of .037 eight hours after the crash.

From what he could remember, Wharton told police he drove his sedan to Goms’ house off Black Lake Boulevard at 8 p.m. Saturday. There, Goms, Wharton and Koden drank some beer and “had several shots of distilled liquor.”

The three drove to Yarbrough’s apartment off Fones Road in Olympia and continued to drink “a little” while Yarbrough finished some homework.

The last thing Wharton remembered was heading back to Goms’ house, then “everything went blank.”

He told police he was not driving.

According to court documents, Yarbrough “had obvious extensive injuries to the left side of his head and face.” Yarbrough told investigators Wharton was driving at the time of the crash.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/03/05/2017561/man-accused-of-vehicular-homicide.html#storylink=cpy
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 12:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

It has nothing to do with "avenging deaths"--if the driver violated traffic laws, he should be held accountable for his actions, and his own contributions to causing the deaths of two other people.

You don't want to care about the people who died, then don't.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 03:45 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I have been disturbed of late of how forcefully the state tries to avenge the deaths
of those who are stupid enough to get into a car with a drunk
or stoned person. Me I figure that since they obviously did not care
I dont need to either.
firefly wrote:
It has nothing to do with "avenging deaths" . . .
I disagree that it has nothing to do with "avenging deaths".
THAT is the filosofical foundation and justification
for the existence of government and of the applicable statute,
in addition to deterrence.

David
0 Replies