I need help so badly!!!!! Sick all the time!

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 07:32 pm
I'm not sure why, but i am sick all the time. Today has just been the icing on the cake. i have been sick for a month. i mean, sniffling, coughing, aching, severe nausea, fever off and on. Constantly tired, anxious and nauseas. The sore throat is getting worse because i cant sleep with my mouth closed due to my stuffy nose. I can't afford to go to the doctor. I dont have one. i have no insurance, and no job. The ER only does so much. I dont know what to do HELP!

msolga

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 07:35 pm
@heyamanda707,
Quote:
I dont know what to do HELP!

Try another doctor for a second opinion.

And be sure to ignore any spam which could be posted here about a certain online "consultancy". Wink
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 08:02 pm
@heyamanda707,
Have your home checked for mold or ask about chemicals that a landlord might have had applied for pest control or beautification.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 08:40 pm
http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus-pain-pressure-11/neti-pots
ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 04:31 am
@shewolfnm,
But, with neti pots, be sure to use distilled or well boiled water
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Why? I've been using filtered tap water and am wondering what the concern is.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:48 pm
@Butrflynet,
There was a situation recently where someone got either very ill or died after using tap water, with amoebae getting up the nose and then into the brain - think it was a child. There were articles about it a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find a link.

Here, from NPR - http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/12/19/143960631/second-neti-pot-death-from-amoeba-prompts-tap-water-warning
Filtered tap water looks to be ok.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Why? I've been using filtered tap water and am wondering what the concern is.

There was an article the other day that 2 people have died as the result of using a neti pot, because of an amoeba in the water.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/12/19/143960631/second-neti-pot-death-from-amoeba-prompts-tap-water-warning

It says here you can use filtered water, but I went and bought a bottle of distilled water for my neti pot. I felt safer with that.

Also, don't forget to mix the water with the proper salt. Regular table salt is not refined enough, and burns, as does just using water without the salt.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 01:55 pm
@chai2,
Ah, didn't see your link, Chai, when I added the same one to my post.
chai2

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 02:05 pm
@ossobuco,
oops.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 08:18 pm
@chai2,
I'm still using the packages of saline mix that came with the neti pot. It says to use a whole package in one pot of water but I find the salt/sodium level to be way too strong for me and only use about a third of a pack in one pot of water. At that rate, I still have about 120 doses of it.

If anyone needs to change from the table salt/baking soda mixture, the saline packs are available from Walgreens and don't cost much.

Thanks for the links about the water. I'll go read up on it now.
0 Replies