Everyone does a cheesy something for Christmas so.....

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 02:54 pm
Teehee!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 02:58 pm
why, thankee, harvey's seam-banger (a reference you prob'ly won't get, but so be it, we seppoes should have a chance to maintain inscrutability, too). is that second verse your own?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 03:00 pm
<wouldn't that be "yess'm?" Can say ya don't want a possum. Or even go proper nounal -- don't want Margo's kitty>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 03:08 pm
Of course I get your seamy reference, Patio.

'Twas indeed my own - and revenge for calling me weaselly back up there a ways..... teehee....

Of course it would, properly, be "Yess'm" - but we were in need of a rhyme and the dog in question, having been, of course, desexed, as well as being, after all, a dog - would have had difficulties with gender accuracy....

....grins evilly, and trips off, feeling she is, indeed, pushing her luck to the very outer limits of luck-land.....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 03:11 pm
(so you know who harvey's wallbangers were? it's a very strained but nonetheless multilayer kind of pun. really, i'll be quite devastated to find out that you trod your great bunny feet on every sodden layer of it.)

Boys Who Banged Balls Into Walls
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 03:14 pm
....bunny footprints are to be seen patinating every layer of Patio's pun.......

...as for the origin of the Freddy Fudpucker.....well, we draw a curtain of silence over the whole thing.....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 03:16 pm
(sniff)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 03:18 pm
Hanky, sweetie?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 03:21 pm
'87 Twins could take '82 Brewers. <waving Homer Hanky>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 03:23 pm
...uhoh.....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 03:53 pm
'88 Dodgers couldn't take either of 'em, but they couldn't take the Mets and the A's, either -- and they did!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 04:40 pm
(Smooth, very smooth.)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 04:46 pm
(Until the recent rise of the Sacto Kings, probably the last thing in professional sports to really inspire me was that late-season and playoff run. Listening to Hershiser chase the consecutive scoreless innings record on the radio at night, some if which came in crystal clear from Las Vegas 10,000 feet up the Sierra Nevada mountains. That nail-biting series against the Mets, who'd swept them in 12 regular season games. Gibson's homer off of Eckersley in game one of the Series after woeful Eric Davis had managed a two-out, 9th inning walk against his old team. Vin Scully's "in a year so improbable the impossible has happened" line. Scrub Mickey Hatcher's sprints around the bases after his two Series homers -- twice as many as he'd had all season. Something about being 13 and American and summer and baseball and your team winning, I guess.)

Okay, back to being flip and curmudgeonly...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 04:53 pm
(Oh, I know just what you mean. Same for 17 and American, even if I was a goil. We all played hooky to see the tickertape parade downtown. Still have the newspaper front page, "Winner Wonderland." And the image of Kirby reaching back back back over the fence to pluck away the homer is indelibly etched.)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 05:01 pm
My two most indelible memories of those Twins: Kent Hrbeck and Bert Blyleven, both for the weirdness of their names and the apparent unlikeliness of their soft bellied and softer-throwing success.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 05:03 pm
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... loved those guys. With a pure, platonic, cheek-chucking love, but loved 'em dearly.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 05:10 pm
hey, hey, merry christmas
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 01:41 pm
@Craven de Kere,
ohhhhhhhh noooooo

it's gone

Crying or Very sad
Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 01:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh... would love to have heard it!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 11:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Coises!
0 Replies