A sort of hole about where my tailbone is located?

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 10:16 pm
First of all i do not mean this hole to be my anus.. My mother said i have had it since i was born (I am 20 years old now), but she also said not everybody has it, herself included. I have never really paid it much mind, because who wants to bring up that they have another hole close to there anus... Anyways, it has never bothered me up until here lately. There is a pain coming from it every time i sit down, sometimes while I am walking, and most definitely when it is touched, and it is leaking a clearish/red substance. I do not know if its just blood mixed with sweat, or if it could be something else, but i am pretty sure that the red part is blood. If anybody can offer me any help regarding this question i would appreciate. I would like to know if there is anybody that knows someone that has this hole also, and if it serious that it is bleeding and hurting that i should really seek medical help, which i prefer not to do.

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 10:24 pm
It's probably the remains of pilonidal cyst. Lot's of people have them, they are the result of your body not quite closing itself during development in the womb.
No biggie. Go see your doctor, he or she will drain it really well and then put a couple of stitches in to hold it closed forever.

Click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilonidal_cystJoe(be well)Nation
rosborne979

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 04:27 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe is correct. It is also called a pilonidal fistula. It's probably infected. See a doctor. Those things can be Very painful.
0 Replies