Child Support

squinney

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:39 am
Are you thinking it was on purpose or accidental?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:41 am
squinney wrote:
Are you thinking it was on purpose or accidental?

I pretty much knew it was going to come to this and I think he wanted out.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:46 am
Sorry for your guys grief.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:48 am
Thank you guys :-)
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 03:03 pm
Holy crapolla Montana! If there is anything those of us in this area can do please feel free to ask.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 03:10 pm
Thank you so much, fishin. There's really nothing anyone can do, but I sincerely appreciate the offer.
His wife told my son that he'll be cremated tonight, but the services won't be for a few months due to lack of funds.

Thanks again. You're very sweet.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 03:14 pm
Here's the thread I started announcing his death, if you want to stop by.

I'm going to let my son read that thread when he's ready and I know he'll be comforted by you all. You're a very special bunch of folks and I don't know what I'd do without you.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57739&highlight=
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 04:09 pm
Montana--

You may be hesitant to pursue money matters at this time, but it might be worthwhile calling your lawyer to see whether any claims can be filed against Dana's father's estate for the back support that is owing.

Given a choice between a glorious funeral and having a small nest egg for Dana, I know which I'd choose.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 04:30 pm
His probation officer called today to inform me of his death, in case I hadn't heard and we talked about that for a few minutes. Dana Sr had absolutely no assets. In fact, he had nothing but depts.
The PO told me that I could most likely collect something from the DOR/SSI for the back support that's owed, so I'm going to make some phone calls next week to see if I can't get something there. It would be nice to get at least the support that was owed since I worked so very hard to get it.

I'll keep you guys posted on what happens with that.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:28 pm
Oh, Montana! I had no idea....I've been running around cutting up on these forums tonight...and I had no idea this had happened...and to think you had some kind words for me, even though you're dealing with this news...

I'm with you in spirit, Montana. I just wish I could be there to help you out in some way. You deserve happiness, not troubles.. Hang in there!

Love ya!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 02:07 am
Sorry for your son's loss, Montana. It is emotionally devastating to lose a parent. This must be particularly devastating for your young son because there will never be a chance for him to mend fences with his father over the past. Sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:05 am
Stray Cat wrote:
Oh, Montana! I had no idea....I've been running around cutting up on these forums tonight...and I had no idea this had happened...and to think you had some kind words for me, even though you're dealing with this news...

I'm with you in spirit, Montana. I just wish I could be there to help you out in some way. You deserve happiness, not troubles.. Hang in there!

Love ya!

Oh girl, you stop worrying. I rather enjoyed watching you rip through here like a tornado, lol!

Thank you for being your usual sweet self and you already are helping me ;-)

Lova ya back
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:13 am
Debra_Law wrote:
Sorry for your son's loss, Montana. It is emotionally devastating to lose a parent. This must be particularly devastating for your young son because there will never be a chance for him to mend fences with his father over the past. Sad

Thank you so much Debra. Even though Dana and his dad had gotten on good terms before he died, I know it wasn't enough. His father always told him he'd make it up to him and he never did do that.
Dana will probably go through some similar feeling I had when my dad died, since my father died from the same thing. He'll most likely go through the anger stage for a while, being angry with the doctors for giving him the pills and then at his father for giving up on life.
He's going to go through several stages, just as I did and I'll be there for him.
It should be easier for him than it was for me, because I was close to my dad.
I'll be there for him as long as he needs me.

Thanks again.
0 Replies