Is Lieberman delusional?

yeahman

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 07:44 am
Senator paints 9 percent finish as three-way tie for third
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4081410/

I've heard Lieberman during the last few weeks swear he's the man to beat. He has said in the past that he believes that it's really just down to him and Dean. But I didn't think he would continue that self-delusion after the official numbers come out! He claims he came in 3rd in NH! This guy is going to finish the primary behind Kerry, Dean, Edwards, and Clark and claim a win! He's gonna show up for the presidental debates and security is going to have to drag him off stage.
There is something seriously wrong with him psychologically.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 612 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Charli

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 08:48 pm
Isn't there something about . . .
Isn't there something about "matching" Federal dollars given to those running for office? A lot of dollars? Several million? Most candidates seem to manage to "keep" quite a few of those dollars after the campaign is finished. And, supposedly, the money can only be spent for election campaign purposes - even if that is another campaign in another year. Like most things, it's all about money. [/color]
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:47 pm
This guy has some of the same insight, ye11o, into what keeps Joe runnin'.

Then again, maybe he really does think he's in a logjam for third in NH:

Quote:
But Lieberman risks something much greater than defeat if he continues his Don Quixote-like Presidential bid. He risks looking increasingly pathetic, a politician who can't accept the obvious. Personally, that's not something I'm looking forward to ... The longer Lieberman stays in the Democratic race, the more likely he will become the butt of jokes. The longer he runs for President, the more clueless he will seem ... His suggestion that he finished in a virtual dead heat for third place - and that this gives him momentum - makes him look silly, even delusional.

New Hampshire exit polling shows just how unsuccessful Lieberman was in his efforts to attract the kind of voters he'd need to be successful on February 3rd - or any other time, for that matter.

According to the poll, the Connecticut senator performed best among primary voters who usually think of themselves as Republicans, consider themselves conservative on political matters, attend religious serves weekly, are satisfied with (but not enthusiastic about) the Bush administration, believe the Bush tax cuts should be left entirely in place, and strongly approve of the US decision to go to war in Iraq. In other words, Lieberman is doing best among Bush voters. Really, I'm not making this up. Check the exits yourself.

The problem, obviously, is if you're a Bush supporter and Joe wins the primaries (which is gonna happen right after Janet Jackson proposes marriage to me during the halftime show at this Sunday's Super Bowl), you ain't gonna vote for Joe anyway.

You're gonna vote for the monkey in the flight suit.

Hence, Republican lite = Joe argument.
0 Replies